Getting Back In The Game

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winstonwolf

Unrepentant Hippie
Reaction score
Well, after a failed closet grow (detailed elsewhere on these boards), I'm giving it another shot. Last time was a hydroponic setup, this time I'm trying soil. The seeds are Millennium Bud from Dr. Greenthumb.

My plan is to try LST, since lighting was an issue last time. There are so many elements that are different from my first attempt that it really feels like a first grow. (With any kind of luck, this will be my first successful grow.)

Right now, my seedlings are under fluorescent. I'll be moving to a 400 Watt switchable system in a few days.

I'll keep you posted but am eager to hear any input/feedback you might have.

Sprouts.jpg

alright bro, i think that everyone should start growing in soil first and then move on to hydro.. but thats just me.. do you have a fan blowing on your seedlings? when you transplant , you want the soil line an inch from the first set of leaves. you got some stretching going on there. you want your fluorescents about 2 inches from top of seedlings....

There is a fan blowing but I did not have them that close to the florescent. I've fixed it now but is the stretch going to be a problem? Also, I'm thinking about giving them another week before transplanting. Based on what you see, does that seem about right?

when they stretch like that i like to repot and bury them deep.ends the stretch and kick the oscillating fan on em to strengthen them up.

i would say the sooner the better, with the way they are stretched, when you bury them deep, up to with-in an inch of first leafs. roots will grow from stalk.... personaly i think it makes a better root-ball. keep us posted on your progess.....

Okay, I repotted the sprouts into a larger container, burying the stretched part of the stem. I also switched from fluorescent light to a 400 watt MH.

Replanted.jpg

Replanted-2.jpg

As I mentioned, I'm doing this grow in soil, using Foxfarm Ocean Forest. Does I need to be using nutes or is the composition of the soil sufficient?

Looking Good! Might be a little early to switch to MH, they're still pretty young. Could be wrong tho, I'm pretty new at this, good luck!

Latest posts

Back