GMO Cannabis Seeds from BC Seeds. The plant flowers continuously for 20 years.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
C'mon, really? LMAO

http://bcseeds.com/genetically-modified-c-15.html

It's kind of odd, I found more than just a few breeders who are bragging about their GMO seeds. You would think with all the Monsanto haters in this hobby, you wouldn't see much of that.

Seemed a little odd to me.

Most of the breeders are just talking about feminized seeds but BC Seeds went way overboard with this one. LMAO

Hackerman, how did they gmo it? 200K? That would probably buy you some dank..wowsers.

Wow what a load of **** man, I just read the site a bit. Thats insane bro.

Hackerman, how did they gmo it? 200K? That would probably buy you some dank..wowsers.

They didn't give any details. Might even be total Ɓ.S. They say the mother plant is 28 feet tall. LMAO

Isn't BC Seeds a reputable breeder? I don't know much about the breeder scene but the name seems to ring a bell way way back.

That is just crazy talk, and yes just this morning my big sister was asking me the future of cannabis if the government gets involved and I said gmo'd pot. I was kidding, but sadly probably not.

I have never ordered from them but like you have heard of them a while back.

Isn't BC Seeds a reputable breeder? I don't know much about the breeder scene but the name seems to ring a bell way way back.
You may be thinking of BCSeedKing.

Isn't that one of those sites tha require you to login for prices? I dont like those - why be so secretive?
How would you harvest the weed on the 20 yr plant? Just pluck off some buds like apples?
That is def. A different site from bcseedking which is good. Not absolute top grade but still good stuff if you just want to grow some decent smoke.
Right now they have feminized kings kush 10 seeds for $65.00 or 15 for $90.00 on sale- reg $75. I have ordered twice and it came fast no problems. Being in BC helps too.

NO--I do not think that BC Seeds is "reputable"--I think you may be thinking of BC Bud Depot, which is. It seems to me that they had a "perennial" cannabis plant advertised a year or two ago that we all laughed about.

Oh course, we do know that things like this will happen if cannabis continues to be legalized in more and more places. Jeez, Scott's has already purchased General Hydroponics. It will be a sad day for cannabis growers when they start GMO'ing seeds....I am just hoping that this storyt is more of their hoo-hoo.

If they legalize it here I see the future of cannabis being me growing 800 acres of Somango weed to supply the whole country for about $12.00oz.:farm:

GMO is not really an interest of mine but a post someone made encouraged me to do a little more reading on the subject.

I think people should have a little better understanding so I'll post what I found.

I am just skimming so I may not be 100% on everything here. Hopefully, it will encourage anyone who is truly interested in this do do a little further research.

First off, GMO is not all bad like we all thought. There are three methods to genetically modify a plant.

Transgenic
Cisgenic
and Subgenic.

Cisgenic is what our cannabis breeders are mostly doing. It's breeding one trait from a similar or same species to promote certain traits. I would classify any AUTO as Cisgenic. Cannabis Ruderalis (affectionately referred to by THG as ditchweed LOL) crossed with Cannabis Sativa. The purpose? To introduce a trait from one species into the other (and keep it there).

Transgenic is probably what Monsanto is doing. It uses various lab equipment to take a specific segment of DNA from one source (not necessarily in the same kingdom e.g. plant and prokaryotes [bacteria]) and introduce it into another organism at the cellular level.

I seriously doubt if any of our canna breeders are doing this. LOL

The third (Subgenic) is a recent discovery (2014) by a Chinese scientist that prevents powdery mildew on pot plants (well, OK, it was potatoes but I thought it would strike home more with pot as an example. LOL) This method simply eliminated the gene that lowered resistance to powdery mildew and let the plant fight off the mildew with it's own forces. Without reading more, I can't say too much but, this doesn't sound all bad.

Just thought I would share that with you all. Enjoy.

LOL--I think that crossing great bud with ditch weed just to make it easier for lazy people to grow is a sin! However, I do not consider crossing different strains of the same species as GMO. "GMO are foods produced from organisms that have had specific changes introduced into their DNA using genetic engineering. These techniques allow for the introduction of new traits as well as greater control over traits than previous methods such as selective breeding and mutation breeding" (from a source on wiki). Most GMOs are developed to counteract the effects of herbicides like Roundup. This results in more
Roundup being used. That alone is very bad.

I don't doubt anything where money is concerned--those that believe that money is the ultimate goal will do anything to get it and nothing is sacred. Jeez why else would reputable breeders have bred-down cannabis with ruderalis?

LHowever, I do not consider crossing different strains of the same species as GMO.

Sorry sweetie but it really doesn't matter what you consider. The entire scientific community considers Cisgenic plants as genetically modified so I think we can take that as fact, not opinion or consideration.

Love you. sweetie but don't close your mind to truth and facts. :)

Cisgenic plants are made using genes found within the same species or a closely related one.

We use BT to genetically modify corn. Ok, BT, is a Bacillus thuringiensis. On the surface BT seems like a great little bacteria to use. When i was in master gardeners at the university we even called BT a good organic pesticide.. Well how arrogant are we? We are so far up the food ladder that it is fine to make insects stomach explode, we are human that wouldn't hurt us cause we are human. Wrong!

If you look at studies on when gmo's came in the food supply and the illnesses that also ballooned at the same time might cause us to ponder.

If you look at studies on when gmo's came in the food supply and the illnesses that also ballooned at the same time might cause us to ponder.

I agree. We are totally killing ourselves in a quest for knowledge and money (I guess they are about the same. LOL)

I am not a big plastic opponent but some of the arguments against it are pretty solid.

My biggest beef, probably, is the way food is processed today. I don't know if I would call white, refined sugar as bad as heroin but a lot of people do. LMAO And, they really are not that far off. Research how they refine sugar and most of you would agree.

And, orange juice. Check into how the make "fresh" orange juice. I ran into this one day when I was researching decarboxylation. That is exactly what the do to "fresh" orange juice. Then, they put "back" the flavor packet that is a very special and proprietary formula designed by.... you'll never guess. The perfume scent people. I used to love "fresh" orange juice. Especially Tropicana, No Pulp. I was so sad to find out the truth.

Why is the truth so often sad? LMAO

It's a liar's and cheater's world. You really need to keep on top of things to not become a victim. False information is EVERYWHERE. The truth is always buried underneath. LOL

You know my cousin works for the department of citrus in Fl. I need to speak with him.. I don't drink oj, but i had no idea Hackerman. Thanks. That is horrible.

I guess I never really thought about why every bottle tasted the same for all those years.

And, every time I would squeeze fresh oranges, it tasted different every time. LOL

Guess I figured Tropicana had some special orange that tasted exactly the same every time they grew it. LMAO Pretty stupid, looking back. LOL

Latest posts

Back