Going for 2 elbows using a sog and 1k in a homebox xl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless999

Reaction score
Alright in a week or two ill be cutting my first harvest, 8 plants in a homebox large with a 600hps..

Right after that I plan on moving the 600hps and adding a 400hps to a homebox large for my new flower tent..

I plan on selecting a few nice mothers to take clones from, and doing a sog in the hb xl.. the hb xl is 4.6'x4.6'x6.6' and of course ill have 1000 watts in there.. 600hps and either the 400mh or 400hps based on what others will tell me..

So, Im trying to figure out how many clones I will need to best achieve my goal of 2 dry lbs..

These clones will root, then veg for about 5 days, and then put into 2gal square perfect pots for the remaining of their lives.. after the 5 days of veg they will be put into the flower tent..

Im guessing after the first week in flowering I will trim the lower third of the plants off..

So, how many clones should I go with? Remember, this is a sog with little veg time, and I have a goal of 2 elbows, so dont say 6.

thanks!

I have exactly the same setup. I've never hit 2 elbows. But max I've managed is 25. 5 X 5 and thats the best I've done. Can not say max weight yet, but I find it difficult to have more plants than that without over crowding.

thx umbra! u have a 400hps and a 600hps together? whats ur best yet? avg yield?

how long did u veg those 25 clones? did u trim the lower third off?

thanks bro!

IMO you are going to need quite a few clones- 5 days is a very short veg. I bet they only get about what, 6" before flower? Seems like you would need like 30. I dunno, its all about genetics. Are you in hydro or soil?

I did a little over one elbow dried with 12 girls under a 1K in a 7' x 2.5' x 7' closet. I did 12 days of veg (purchased as clones 3" tall) and the plants were between 10-12" when they were flowered. Most were single cola indicas that finished in 3 gal buckets at 20"-24" tall.

How do you keep your box cool? I had to run my a/c 24/7 into the closet to keep it cool. At least the bud was covered in trics lol. I was at 72f-55f at night. Good luck-

Also, as a side note. I always heard to NEVER prune your girls during flower. But, I have a friend that always does and never seemd to have a problem so idk. Just a heads up.

i use ffof soil and their trio of nutes..

i did my previous grow off a log i saw in high times where a guy put a 1k watt in a 3x3x6 and got 2lbs consistently with 5 day veg cloned, lolipopped..25 clones..

I use a 6" fan sucking the heat off my 600 and a 4" fan sucking the heat off my 400.. i also have a window unit cooling the room when temps are on.. currently with the 600 in the hb large temps are 77* light on and 70* light off.

thanks for the info guys, keep it coming please!

i was thinking like 30 clones.. thats just over a zon per plant..

just for reference, how many plants/how long veg do u think I would need to get 2lbs, not going extreme like 30..
ex: maybe 10-12 plants vegd for 30 days would put out about the same yield?

Relentless999 said:
i was thinking like 30 clones.. thats just over a zon per plant..

just for reference, how many plants/how long veg do u think I would need to get 2lbs, not going extreme like 30..
ex: maybe 10-12 plants vegd for 30 days would put out about the same yield?
Im in the same boat- I have 1 light, and I am hoping for 2lbs. I plan on vegging 12 plants until they are about 18".

Elbows, elbows, elbows, yield, yield yield, yada, yada, yada... :p

I think less could be more especially working in a 5 x 5 space. Personally I'd try closer to a dozen plants and see how that works out. I'd veg more than 5 days if you're growing in soil. When I grew with hydro I had to flower anything with significant sativa influence very small because the growth rates were more explosive but in soil you'll need more veg time.

Bro you've come such a long way and you're learning so much. Regardless of High Times articles touting 2 LB yields, imho if you enjoy the journey that you go through while learning and gaining experience with this amazing plant, your TLC will pay dividends and better harvest #'s will come in due time. I don't do any retail so all I want is the dankest 2-3 plants I can possibly grow for my own meds but even when I did grow a lot more weed those kind of #'s take experience with growing and finding a specific few strains that perform well in your room's environment. And once you find a few strains you can work with you have to go about finding the right method for each strain and learn how to replicate the results for consistency and keep tweaking things that can be improved upon. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and focus on getting specific strains to perform the best they can in your space and try not to worry about your harvest #'s before you root your clones. Once you do a few grows with your new setup you'll have a much better idea of what the #'s are going to realistically be like.

Happy Growing... however much your harvest is, may it be dank!:eek:

Peace!:cool:

Relentless999 said:
thx umbra! u have a 400hps and a 600hps together? whats ur best yet? avg yield?

how long did u veg those 25 clones? did u trim the lower third off?

thanks bro!
The tent I have only done 1 grow so far. The 25 are going now. Clones were 6 to 10 inches when I flipped them. So maybe 3 weeks. Not planning on trimming them unless there are penetration problems. In terms of yield, I haven't run this setup before, so I'm not sure. IMO, how you grow is just as important as what you grow. For this I'm running a sativa dom 8 week strain., We will see.

Latest posts

Back