Good example of pre-flowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesso

Mad Scientist
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hi all, I have been seeing a lot of questions lately about pre-flowers and detecting sex of a young plant early. I have waited and watched these northern lights hybrids to start to show sex and I wanted to share Exactly what to look for. As you can see in the first pic, it is a very young plant, about six inches tall, one that I grew from seed. She is grown under a six bulb t8 flouro with 6500k bulbs for 24 hours. It is two and a half weeks old from germination at this point and is starting to show sex already. This is the earliest that any plant that I have grown has shown sex. The second pic shows clearly the long white pistils, note how they differ from the green spicules in both shape and color. They are unmistakeable when you know what to look for. The last pic is of a male preflower on an older plant....it looks like a little bunch of grapes under magnification. Also to note that the first appearance of male preflowers and female preflowers can look very similar until the pistils emerge. One difference to look for in this early stage between the two is an upwards growth of the female calyx, whereas the male preflowers will usually grow outwards and then downwards on a small stem-like structure, followed by the noticeable grape-like growth stucture .

small 1.jpg

preflower fem.jpg

female pre 1.jpg

male preflower.jpg

sorry about the pics being rotated around....dont know how to fix that.

Well ifin these here pics be all the same plant I see one pic makin for true girl fur sure the last one be bit puzzlin might be male or ifin its same plant might be hermie.

BWD

Oh and next time yual want to be straightin up yur pics try openin them up in edit under paint feature top of the page yual should see a place to click to rotates them up right. Happy shootin pilgrem.

BWD

the male preflowers shown were from a different older plant. sorry

they come in "handy" i reckon

Yup but he keeps to lickin at thier mouths and it aims to get under me skin time gain couse it make them all upset in the tommy and foamin to the mouth. Wife still has scares around her ankles from kickin at them LOL

And Ooops sorry fur jackin yur thread my bad no disrespect friend.

BWD

by all means BWD....i cant hate on a guy with no thumbs for jacking anything. lol

yeah....i gathered....i didnt really think your badger wounds were so severe.

BWD for April MVP!
No thumbs and never misses a space! LOL
Does anybody else hear John Wayne in their heads when reading his posts?

kiksroks said:
BWD for April MVP!
No thumbs and never misses a space! LOL
Does anybody else hear John Wayne in their heads when reading his posts?

Be thankin ya friend yual make me laugh times be spittin shine out my nostrils time and gain LOL Yual good folk friends here. Liken this here fire fur sure been to lots other sites and always treated and felt unwelcomed here be different like me fur sure.

BWD

last of the males finally expressed themselves

DSC00856.JPG

DSC00858.JPG

Latest posts

Back