Coming along nicely...maybe..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JefferyConner

Reaction score
This is my second post since pre grow jitters. My plants are 2 weeks old now. I think they are doing good. One of my first plants has an older leaf that is curling up a little pit. This make me nervous, I havn't yet started mixing in nutrients, and i transplanted him about 3 days ago. She has grown ALOT since the transplant. She has started the growth between the nodes that will tell me the sex but it's so small i dont yet know what to look for. Is there any difference between male and female when they very first start to show or will it take a few more days?

Do you have any pics? We really need pics to be able to tell you anything abo0ut your plant. Also, tell us about your grow--space, size, lights, size, ventilation, soil mixture, etc, etc.

You might want to do a bit more reading to become more familiar with the biology of the plant. It will be several more weeks before you are going to be able to tell sex--most plants take 4-6 weeks. At this stage, you want very little space between the leaf sets.

My grow space is small. about 4 square feet, and 5 1/2 feet high. I have 3500 lumen over 3 plants that are 2 weeks old. I plan on just keeping the only female and flowering the one plant. Directly outside my grow closet is a small room with a ceiling fan that stays on high. Thats my ventilation. My soil is MG potting mix...yeah I said MG. it has less then 1-1-1. I cant get a picture up right now. I know it will take awhile yet to be able to tell the sex. My question was if the male and female parts look identical when they very first start growing them, and then later change to when you can tell the difference. Or do they grow in different looking fom the very beginning?? And could the curling up of the two leaves be a nutritient deficiency already?

2012-02-08_15-38-39_679.jpg

Ok, Jeffery, breathe! you have been in labor but now you have a baby. It looks fine. Nice and healthy. Males and females look identical until you see balls. Some people say the males are usually the healthiest of the two, but I have never seen a difference. It took two months before I saw my fist balls. So you got a while. That isn't a true representation of the color right?

My Mg soil did that til I nuted it.

going to need some more light though

Yeah, your plants are looking good. You will need more light, they just want grow as well or as fast with 3500 lumens. They love the florescents while in veg. but not when flowering. Stay safe bubba. :)

JefferyConner said:
My grow space is small. about 4 square feet, and 5 1/2 feet high. I have 3500 lumen over 3 plants that are 2 weeks old. I plan on just keeping the only female and flowering the one plant. Directly outside my grow closet is a small room with a ceiling fan that stays on high. Thats my ventilation. My soil is MG potting mix...yeah I said MG. it has less then 1-1-1. I cant get a picture up right now. I know it will take awhile yet to be able to tell the sex. My question was if the male and female parts look identical when they very first start growing them, and then later change to when you can tell the difference. Or do they grow in different looking fom the very beginning?? And could the curling up of the two leaves be a nutritient deficiency already?

Four sq feet needs 12,000 lumens for vegging and 20,000 lumens for flowering. I doesn't matter the number of plants. Lighting needs are figured by lumens per sq ft. You are going to need more ventilation than a ceiling fan in an adjacent room.

When plants are small, they are easy to keep happy with minimal light. However as your plant gets larger, its needs are going to increase substantially. If you want any kind of harvest, you are going to have to get lots more light in there.

I would guess that the leaf curl is from the MG soil, improper pH or issues related to no ventilation. What are your temps? Are you running your light 24/7?

It will be weeks before you even have to worry about sexing your plants. Plants generally get alternating nodes prior to showing sex. I am also like Rose in that I have found that there is no difference in males and females until those preflowers start popping out.

I would not worry about the sexing for a bit and try and get the room amped up a bit so you end up with some kind of harvest. It is going to take 4-5 months to go from seed to cured bud. I'm sure that you want to end up with more than a few grams for your 4-5 months work.

Latest posts

Back