How much Cal-Mag can I add if I need extra?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubmarineGirl

Reaction score
Posted this question on my SubGirl SpiderFarmer page but I thought it would get more feedback here and I need some opinions.
I have this beautiful plant that I’m trying to grow just right for @Carty and Grayson Farms who donated the trial seed. It’s growing perfectly, couldn’t ask for a nicer spread for my net which I will be dropping any day. Anywaze, this plant has had what appears to be a cal-mag deficiency ever since she had leaves. Always plenty of nice leaves but always a few calmag looking leaves too. I’ve been feeding calmag one short tablespoon per gallon like I do usually during just water cycles but she seems to want more. Perhaps she doesn’t like the frog soil although I have really good luck normally but though maybe the PH is lower that the plant loves. I was thinking about giving this one plant a bit more calmag but need to know how much more could I give her. I thought also I might up the ph on her water in case low PH is the problem. My thanks in advance for your comments.

Note: I haven’t started nutes yet as I’ve transplanted every two weeks or so in new frog soil
I also have three other plants the same age but not strain without the problem.

IMG_8613.jpeg

IMG_8616.jpeg

No now that you mention it. I have some and did try it once on my plants when you told me about that before but don’t think about using it how much per gallon I think when I used it before, a small handful in my three gallon bucket of water…

Ok then, I think she was born with it as she’s been in fresh soil for three transplants. She has had this her whole life but not bad. Just want to dial her in…. The roots looked good last transplant. How much epsom salt. I don’t want to ruin this plant as I’m growing it for the seed company and Carty as a test plant.

1tsp/gal is what I would use as a maintenance dose but the plant looks hungry enough to use twice that… I have never seen a plant react negatively to Epsom salts… it will grind up your plants before anything else will…

What is the benefit of adding the epson salt. Used to no a guy that had the biggest tomato plants I have seen and he said his secret was epsom salt

What is the benefit of adding the epson salt. Used to no a guy that had the biggest tomato plants I have seen and he said his secret was epsom salt
Magnesium and sulfur

Latest posts

Back