great white mycorrhizae, why you need this in your medium.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myco is one of the keys to solid grows imo. It seems to have the most noticable results in soil and soiless grows with me. I have very little luck getting it to bind or flourish under bubble cloning conditions. The soil seems to give it time to develop properly. Adding it directly to your substrate is fine. The microbes will make they're way to and around the root system. I also fine benefit from injecting it into my root zone via water and a meat injector. (getting it directly to the roots). I'm currently doing some head to head myco tests. Great White is included. I'll let you guys klnow how it works in comparison studies. I'm been trying Earth Ambrosia and Earth Nectar also, at a fraction of the cost. Time will tell.

Jbones and Eastla, Myco is excellant used in coco, and thoroughly mixing it prior to application is fine. I add it once in veg and again 1 to 2 weeks after initiating flowering.

jmansweed said:
Myco is one of the keys to solid grows imo. It seems to have the most noticable results in soil and soiless grows with me. I have very little luck getting it to bind or flourish under bubble cloning conditions. The soil seems to give it time to develop properly. Adding it directly to your substrate is fine. The microbes will make they're way to and around the root system. I also fine benefit from injecting it into my root zone via water and a meat injector. (getting it directly to the roots). I'm currently doing some head to head myco tests. Great White is included. I'll let you guys klnow how it works in comparison studies. I'm been trying Earth Ambrosia and Earth Nectar also, at a fraction of the cost. Time will tell.

Jbones and Eastla, Myco is excellant used in coco, and thoroughly mixing it prior to application is fine. I add it once in veg and again 1 to 2 weeks after initiating flowering.

i like to keep my pots small while vegging so that i have to transplant into fresh soil for flowering i just sprinkle some right under the rootmass i will be having a go with botanicares product they claim it was made for flowering plants my fav kind and its only 19.95 around the same price as you paid for those quarts of EA/EN...

JBonez said:
wont come in contact with the roots in soil?

I grow in coco, does that mean the same?

I usually mix it well and if the stuff isnt making contact at the level of the roots then am i wasting my money?

please elaborate, because im seeing results ive never seen before...

thanks!:D

Read my reply a little closer.:D

I said SOME (and that's all that's needed), will come in contact with the roots, but MOST won't and is wasted.

Finding a way to get it directly to the root mass, and there have been several excellent suggestions, just cuts down on the amount needed and $$$ spent.

I dip my rooted clones in a mixed concentrate before transplanting. I clone in the small rockwool cubes, so a quick dunk gets her done.:hubba: I then transplant into a soil less peat based mix.

Injecting it right into the root mass sounds good for established plants along with putting it under the root mass when transplanting. Both great ideas!

DD

Thanks droopy! Makes sense, I think I'm going to treat my coco prior to planting, if I can get them to colonize the coco before planting the it would stand to reason that more of the medium would be enriched.

JBonez said:
Thanks droopy! Makes sense, I think I'm going to treat my coco prior to planting, if I can get them to colonize the coco before planting the it would stand to reason that more of the medium would be enriched.

That's what they WON'T do. LOL:D :D

I was thinking the same thing and did a bunch of research into it. I was going to do like I do with my EM-1 concentrate, where I can make a qt+- of activated EM for every oz of concentrate.

Long story short, they will only colonize root systems, not the media (unlike bacteria). The easiest way that I found was to inoculate aliums (onion family and leeks were suggested), grown in a container. Then, harvest the leek, cutting the roots into small pieces and mixed back into the soil it was grown in, then add some of this to fresh mix. Replant the leek and do it again.;)

Didn't have any leeks handy, so I did it with the garlic and shallots that are overwintering as they are also members of the allium family. But I won't know much until I harvest in July.:hubba:

Apparently the people who sell this stuff grow it with mushrooms, but I had done so much reading just to get to the leek part, my eyes were crossed and I stopped.;)

DD

Latest posts

Back