Greenhouse Effect/Cloning Question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cole

Cannabie For Men
Reaction score
I remember looking at a grow journel and somebody used the upper part of a soda bottle to give it warmth (I think it was the drunken seed thread).
Anyways I was wondering if I could do the same thing when cloning?
This is my first attempt at soil cloning so im kinda nervous :hubba:
I followed Hick's soil cloning guide and im using Shultz Take root with MG Organic Potting Soil with about 40% perlite 50% soil and 10% love.
I took the clippings of a young mother thats been flowering for about a month. Im putting the clones back on 24/0...hope thats not a problem.:eek:
Also,im using green Mountain Dew bottles and I was wondering if thats ok because I remember reading that green light="flushed lumens" for MJ plants. My temps are about 78 and my humidity is 37. Im REALLY hoping this works so I need some of that GREEN Mojo.:p

i would say get ur clipping and use dip n grow and a lil rootone to set ur clones get a mine green house (plastic bottem tray and top clear dome) keep lights on for 24/7 let them get air an hour a day. will be rooted in 1wk. mg is good soil i use it too.

i seen a hydrofarm greenhouse cloner,that even had a heating element on it,i think it was like 30 or 40 bucks,try a search on it.it looks like it would work good.hope this helps ya-peace

cole.. your green bottles (domes) are a definate hinderance to the rooting process.. IMO. Clear bottles would serve much better. I've never tried to clone in MG soil, so I'll refrain from commenting on nutes.
When you remove the dome daily, for fresh air , watch for wilting. If they wilt, "lightly" mist and replace the dome. Extend the time the dome is off daily. After 1 week, you should be able to remove them for good.

yea i agree,if your gonna use bottles,at least make sure they're clear

Latest posts

Back