greenhouse needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenfriend

ganja farmer
Reaction score
i have never grown a single mj plant outdoors but i have been growing veggies and fruit in the yard for years. im running out of valuable indoor space so im looking for some plans to build a greenhouse to house lots of moms and clones, no flowering outside - ill just wait til next year.anyone got suggestions/ideas?

dont need too expensive or fancy, here in cali i just get a light frost now and again in the winter lowest overnite temps are in 20s, and thats not common. couple questions tho, 1) how do you regulate temp/rh in the greenhouse?, and 2) will i need electricity/plumbing in the greenhouse?

thanks

Hello Greenfriend :)

Hey! welcome to greenhouse growing :)

Its all I do.

When you step into greenhouse growing you move into a different spectre of growing, you will have 3 options to control temps inside, lots of venting, cover the roof or move the plants physically out of the greenhouse.

I have plumbing to my greenhouse (just a hose to an outside tap), I recommend running at least a gallon off when used, the water left in the hose left a day or 2 always has wacky PH fluctuations.

No electricity needed, you are working with nature on this venture ;)

Enjoy the ride, I will never grow any other way than this, how I grow is with help, a help I cannot control, it is me working with her and not her working with me.

:rolleyes: Women eh.

:peace:

walmart has cheap ones around 180 to 220. the reviews seem to be good

Well, a few simple things, first, will it be free-standing or lean-to? Also, do you have a good south-facing view? How much space do you need? It really is a matter of need, size and quality. If you are planning on anything larger than say, a 6 ft x 8 ft, I would go with a decent greenhouse supplier. The place I would recommend is 'farmtek.com'. You can find a complete range of greenhouse types and sizes. And they are cheap. If you want to go real cheap, like me, you can get a low-end cold frame and modify it to be a greenhouse.

Yes, if the temp gets down to freezing, and depending upon the size and other factors, you will probably need some sort of heat. If it is small, say 6 x20 ft or less, you can use a simple thermostat and an electric heater [oil-filled radiator type recommended] to keep the greenhouse at above 50 deg F, even when it is freezing outside. The thermostat is about $20 [Farmtek] and the heater is about $40 [Home Depot].

Water, yes, trust me. you will so regret it if you have to lug water to the greenhouse in the dead of winter.

Anyway, let me know if you need more help with this....

VM

^^^^^^^I Like the way you think;
add to that you could build a "to size green house structure" for cheap outta pvc and 90* fittings along with some "T"s you'd be set with 1" with 20' lenghts. Make a rectanular (sp?) structure and and more "T"'s for the Top section.....Add cover material of choice....

PVC pipe will be damaged by UV, 3-5 years, less so by low temps. You will need to paint it. But in general, the tensile strength of PVC is pretty low. I would recommend using galvanized fencing pipe. Still, when all is said and done, a kit is probably te best way to go. then you have the right fittings, and everything goes together easily.

PG

ima go ahead and tell you thats not to smart of an idea you are going to need some type of light source for the night time because if put out plants that been veggin under 24/0 or 18/6 they'll get a bit confused start throwing out flowers

That's correct, you will need a light source as well. i have just used fluoros in the past, turn them on before sunrise in order to maintain 12+ or so hours of light per day. They don't have to be fully rated grow lights, just enough light to prevent start of flowering cycle.

PG

greenfriend said:
i have never grown a single mj plant outdoors but i have been growing veggies and fruit in the yard for years. im running out of valuable indoor space so im looking for some plans to build a greenhouse to house lots of moms and clones, no flowering outside - ill just wait til next year.anyone got suggestions/ideas?

dont need too expensive or fancy, here in cali i just get a light frost now and again in the winter lowest overnite temps are in 20s, and thats not common. couple questions tho, 1) how do you regulate temp/rh in the greenhouse?, and 2) will i need electricity/plumbing in the greenhouse?

thanks

Check this one out and many others on ebay...change x's to t's in hxxp:// :p

hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/12x7x7-Large-Arch-Greenhouse-Green-Garden-Hot-House_W0QQitemZ250406556029QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a4d64d17d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

thanks everyone for all the replies. i ended up building a cheapo free standing greenhouse: 28' x 15' using just PVC, rebar, wood posts, and polyethlyene for about $150. I may look in to those more professional structures for a second greenhouse in the near future though.

luckily ive got an outlet right next to the greenhouse for heater, floros, fans.

btw i visited the horticulture department of a nearby college yesterday, and they have the FATTEST setup i have ever seen - 3 of those 30' x 50' commercial greenhouses bout $10,000 a piece with fans, Co2, air filter -all automated. separate propagation lab, the works! i wish i could grow there...:p

Latest posts

Back