Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Greenhouse smells...

Lokee

Green Grower
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
do all you greenhouse growers use carbon filters? if not wouldn't smell be an issue?
 

ozzydiodude

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
9,142
Reaction score
4,319
Most of the greenhouse grower are in MMj states and don't have to worry about smells.
 

Old_SSSC_Guy

incorrigible reprobate
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
692
Reaction score
56
the smell depends on the strain as well. i've grown strains you could fill your house with and not smell a thing. i've grown other strains where one plant can stink up the whole neighborhood...
 

leafminer

Bloody ****!
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
2,775
Reaction score
1,455
I limit my grow to about 7 plants for that reason.
 

Lokee

Green Grower
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
ozzydiodude said:
Most of the greenhouse grower are in MMj states and don't have to worry about smells.
understandable but even in those areas not all neighbors appreciate the pleasurable stench. :p almost every strain I've grown has had my whole house even outside in the driveway smelling. at least until i started using a filter.
 
H

heshani1999

Guest
To prevent the smell what can we do other than using carbon filters....
 
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
19,438
Reaction score
8,292
Lokee said:
understandable but even in those areas not all neighbors appreciate the pleasurable stench. :p almost every strain I've grown has had my whole house even outside in the driveway smelling. at least until i started using a filter.
While I do not believe they do greenhouse ventilation this way, if you have negative pressure in your grow space, it will not disburse the smell throughout the entire house.
 
R

rubyliping

Guest
While I do not believe they do greenhouse ventilation this way, if you have negative pressure in your grow space, it will not disburse the smell throughout the entire house.
CANNED MEAT PRODUCTS
 

Crashbasket

Active Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2011
Messages
30
Reaction score
7
Lokee said:
do all you greenhouse growers use carbon filters? if not wouldn't smell be an issue?
I have a big bag of alpaca **** that I set right under my exhaust vent. I wet it down and the warm air from the room hits that stuff and the surrounding area for about 100' in every direction smells like a barnyard. That's not too unusual a smell around here....might not work so well if you are growing in Manhattan.

;)
 

Latest posts

Top