Greets all

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
I am a licensed medicinal grower who grows for myself and my bro. I have PTSD with all the fun symptoms including major depression, panic/anxiety disorders and nasty insomnia. This is part of the reason I only grow indicas for myself (sativas make me hallucinate, which reminds me of my insomnia hallucinations and isn't my idea of fun). Right now I am doing Papaya from Nirvana for myself, and Skywalker (hybrid?) for my bro. I would like to hear from other folks who have central nervous system disorders at least partially alleviated by cannabis. I always like to read grow stories, and I am always on the lookout for strong indica strains, preferably purple. :afroweed::bong1: :grinch::hitchair:

Welcome to MP......hope you are a friendly skinhead and not an angry hateful one....:D

Loads of knowledge and great peeps here.

Welcome, hope you enjoy.

mind if i ask, what YYZ stand for.

Naw, I can't be hateful...I am way too stoned to hate :smoke1: :dancing:

YYZ is the airport code for Pearson Airport in Toronto. My second favorite band, Rush, wrote an instrumental jazz song about it which is the second best song on the album Moving Pictures after 'Limelight'. I am from CA but I like all things Canadian and want to move to BC and grow my own BC Bud and marry a Canadian guy named Neil. :guitar:

YYZ Skinhead said:
Naw, I can't be hateful...I am way too stoned to hate :smoke1: :dancing:

YYZ is the airport code for Pearson Airport in Toronto. My second favorite band, Rush, wrote an instrumental jazz song about it which is the second best song on the album Moving Pictures after 'Limelight'. I am from CA but I like all things Canadian and want to move to BC and grow my own BC Bud and marry a Canadian guy named Neil. :guitar:

Yeah thats why I asked, thats my airport and home town band, thought that might be the answer.

Very Cool. :48:

dman1234 said:
Yeah thats why I asked, thats my airport and home town band, thought that might be the answer.

Very Cool. :48:
Most awesome...I had always planned to check out Vansterdam on my first pilgrimage to Canada, but after finding out what YYZ meant I thought, ohh-kay...:woohoo:

Woohoo another Rush fan!! Welcome to the group. My fav Rush song ever is Red Barchetta. :D

Welcome YYZ. RRRUUUUUUUSSSSSHH, hell yeah. Only one other drummer I can think of that could give (can't think of Rushs' drummers name at the moment) a run for his money, Keith Moon. The Who was and still is my favorite band. I sure miss Keith though. By the way, remind me not to come to your house for lunch. LOL

powerplanter said:
(can't think of Rushs' drummers name at the moment)

That would be the great Neil Peart. who is also responsibe for writing most of their tunes.

Yeah, that guys awesome. One of the greatest, if not the greatest.

powerplanter said:
Welcome YYZ. RRRUUUUUUUSSSSSHH, hell yeah. Only one other drummer I can think of that could give (can't think of Rushs' drummers name at the moment) a run for his money, Keith Moon. The Who was and still is my favorite band. I sure miss Keith though. By the way, remind me not to come to your house for lunch. LOL

I wld hve to put Bonzo (John Bonham) of Led Zeppelin up there as well. Jmo:)

I would agree with Bonzo, too bad so many of the greats are dead.

Moon was out of this world, it is said that 2 drummers are required to recreate some of his best solos.

Pink Floyd would have to be my greatest band of all time, but then we are just two lost souls swimmimg in a fish bowl, year after year.

Wow. I am going to have some serious fun on this forum since there are so many folks with excellent taste in music. FWIW in addition to rock and/or roll, I like jazz :beatnik: , reggae (especially old-school skinhead reggae and early ska) :2940th_rasta:, funk:afroweed: , metal :headbang:, bluegrass and Celtic music :guitar: :fid: , heck, I like some of just about everything. I play jazz percussion (specifically the vibraphone) so I have a soft spot for drummers. My Big Three all-time fav drummers in no particular order are Mel Gaynor, Stewart Copeland and of course Neil Peart (the only one of them I haven't met so far is Mr Peart, but I've seen all three of them play live--AWESOMENESS).

YYZ Skinhead said:
Wow. I am going to have some serious fun on this forum since there are so many folks with excellent taste in music. FWIW in addition to rock and/or roll, I like jazz :beatnik: , reggae (especially old-school skinhead reggae and early ska) :2940th_rasta:, funk:afroweed: , metal :headbang:, bluegrass and Celtic music :guitar: :fid: , heck, I like some of just about everything. I play jazz percussion (specifically the vibraphone) so I have a soft spot for drummers. My Big Three all-time fav drummers in no particular order are Mel Gaynor, Stewart Copeland and of course Neil Peart (the only one of them I haven't met so far is Mr Peart, but I've seen all three of them play live--AWESOMENESS).

Yeah you will fit in fine around here....big time music lover myself. Been playing guitar since the late 80's. Also play a lil bit of drums and just bought a Bass. Been using the program Reaper to create my own music tracks and it has been a blast. Wish the security aspect of what we do didn't keep us from collaborating on projects together. Wld love to get some musical input from others...swapping tracks and working together on a project wld be awesome.

Latest posts

Back