Growing Veggies

• Thread starter The Hemp Goddess
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Hemp Goddess

I have a real short growing season, so tons of stuff needs to be started indoors. I also start seeds for friends. I have a whole bunch of stuff going--tomatoes, broccoli, cabbage, peppers, watermelon, cauliflower, lavender. The biggest tomato is actually 2 that were started in a 2" rockwool cube and kept in hydro until now. It seems to have transplanted just fine. With cannabis, hydro to dirt works sometimes and sometime not. There are also some Nurse Larry and Larry OG under my 2' T5 in there.

View attachment 011.JPG

View attachment 012.JPG

View attachment 013.JPG

View attachment 015.JPG

View attachment 014.JPG

View attachment 016.JPG

View attachment 017.JPG

I need to start mine indoors as well. I put out 10 Jalapeno seeds 2 weeks ago and none have come up. :(

What is it with the Jalapenos this year? I haven't had any come up either. I am probably going to have to buy starts from Home Depot or somewhere like that.

I think that the big tomato is going to be fine. That is a little over 6 weeks from when I put the seed in rockwool. If this works--to start them hydro and them put them in dirt--this is what I will do from here on out. They hydro plant is twice as large as the soil plants.

There is marijuana in there with your vegies.....
Those are Maters Rose.
:)

I don't know what it is with the peppers in general. White Habby's, and Jalapenos have been bad the last 2 seasons. Ended up starting some 3 year old seeds this year and they popped just fine...

Glad that I am not the only one that has had such a hard time with jalapenos--I was starting to get a complex about it.

Rosebud, well, I have a 'mater in with the Pinkzilla that is in the vegging closet--I don't have room for all the new NL and LOG dirt babies to go into the vegging closet, so they are sitting there with the veggies trying to look like tomatoes.

Thirty degrees this morning--I can't wait for the nights to start warming up...

I've used those red party cups as intermediate pots before but most always seem to expose far more root system than I'm comfortable with when transplanting. There is probably a sensible way to cut the cup and remove the plant but I haven't yet found the key.

Lately the cow patty pots seem to be OK if you can find them but you've got to keep the tops crinkled up below the soil line or it wicks water out of the soil into the air. I like the elongation of the party cups but wish there were a degradable 6 inch long narrow pot that one could just place all together into the new container or soil.

I started a bunch of stuff in cow pots, but I really don't like them that much. Weirdly, I have never had any problems transplanting from the solo cups to the ground. As far as disturbing roots...the large tomato was in DWC and I put it into dirt and it is doing fine. You cannot disturb roots more than that. I have found in real life that roots are tougher than we think. I never seem to have transplant shock, even when moving marijuana from hydro to dirt. I like the solo cups because they are deep. I have far better luck just tipping the cup over in my hand and releasing the plant from the cup than trying to cut it off.

Thanks for stopping in.

Beautiful BudGrower! I eventually did get 3 to pop. It doesn't look like you had any trouble with jalepanos.

Those are just beautiful BudGrower. They also look HOT.... those are as pretty as flowers. Thanks for posting.

beautiful colors on those peppers, budgrower :aok:

Latest posts

Back