H2O consumption close to the end of flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-rex

Reaction score
Greetings everyone!
I have at the most 2 wks left till harvest. A few of the trichs are turning cloudy. What I've noticed is the plants are thirsty, and I mean thirsty!
I'll give them what would last 4 days. and now it's gone in 2 days with dry soil. I used to let the plants wait a day when the soil was pretty dry. Should I continue like this or immediately give more water once the soil is fairly dry? Also is it normal for the water consumption to go up towards end of harvest as the plants are absolutely loaded with dense buds?

Thanks,
T-rex

hope this helps,

if the plants are not drooping, and the soil is clearly dry, then they are obviously going to need water soon.

You need to know that the plants will let you know if they are underwatered.

For example, just before lights out, the plants will droop a bit. This may be interpreted as underwatering, but really its comparable to a human getting "tired" at the same time everyday. Actually, the plant is just preparing for the change in photoperiod.

Use your judgement, sounds like you know pretty well what you are doing,

good luck, lemme know if i can help more!

ps, water consumption does increase significantly as flowering progresses.

this can be controlled with the highest possible humidity, but not high enough to encourage mold. Transpiration is like a friggin TomTom, road map to countering anything the plant needs.

For example,

Higher temps, lower humidity, LESS NUTES, that kinda thing. It all works together to allow for a happy plant!

stop motion photography really shows how a plant grows, gives ya an idea, for me it sparked an epiphany ....... I havent had a problem since...

HI T...

Solid info from our friend Jbonez...:rolleyes: Yup it's completely normal for your plants to get hungrier now that they are full of maturing buds. It's good to maintain peak ppm levels until the last couple of weeks of feeding and feed them more often if they are drying out sooner. I like to back off on the amount of nutes/water I give my plants in the last couple of weeks before harvest as I find it helps me avoid bud rot issues if I dont give them the moisture to manufacture the rot within their buds...

Happy Growing!:cool:

Latest posts

Back