Happy 50th Birthday To....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4u2sm0ke

Reaction score
"The Rolling Stones".....

I Know...it's only Rock-N-Roll...But I like it...

whats your favorite Rolling stones Song?

:48:

I like "You Can't Always Get What You Want". I am going to have it played at my memorial service when I kick off.

"Paint It Black". Old school ska/skinhead reggae beat and sitar.

"Too Much Blood" and "*****" are great, as well. :guitar: :headbang2:

"Honky Tonk Women" or "Country Honk", essentially the same song. "Can't Get No Satisfaction" and "You Can't Always Get What You Want" are near the top of my list, too.

I was in college in the early to mid 70s. My earliest MJ experiences were while listening to the Stones.

Sympathy for the Devil
Jumping Jack Flash
You can't always get what you want

Rosebud said:
That is mine too THG! Love that song.

HB stones!

I try to remember this when I'm wanting something I don't need.

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you might find
You get what you need

Love the Stones but I put Led Zeppelin and The Beatles ahead of them on my all time list.

i seen the stones, zz top, and fabulous thunderbirds my first time in 81 at the dallas tx cotton bowl on halloween...it was the tattoo you tour...the fab. tbirds opened, then zz top, and when the stones came on, it began pouring rain...they played for two hours in that storm...i was high and dry in the press booth with kegs of beer, weed, food, and beautiful women...it was the perks of having a good friend that was a dj for kzew(the zoo) in dallas...stones opened up with 'under my thumb', and it rained so hard the entire time they played, that when i left there was at least a foot of water in the parking lot under my van...turned that van into a party barge...:D :cool:

Brown Sugar,(how come you taste so good)...:icon_smile: :cool:

Jesus the beatles must be the most over rated band ever ok ill admit loads of great songs but on the whole not that great a band.
Paul Macartney was my fave in my school years had every wings album they made but i have to admit he is the worst of the bunch well cept bignose Ringo Star.
Lol
T4

Time4Plan-B said:
Jesus the beatles must be the most over rated band ever ok ill admit loads of great songs but on the whole not that great a band.
Paul Macartney was my fave in my school years had every wings album they made but i have to admit he is the worst of the bunch well cept bignose Ringo Star.
Lol
T4

As musician I take umbrage with that statement about The Beatles. First off their were two distinctly different Beatles bands. There was the Pop Beatles that started out and sang songs like Hold your hand and Love love me do, and then there was the actual Rock and Roll Beatles. Who gave us gems like Abbey Road, The White Album, Sgt Peppers etc. The Rock and Roll Beatles IMO were one of the very best Rock Bands ever. The Pop Beatles were admirable for the catchy songs they wrote but that is about it for me. Marijuana and Psychedelics were the best thing to ever happen to the Pop Beatles. :hubba:

Summer of 1982 I was in the Army stationed at Ft. Meade Maryland. One Friday afternoon my roommate comes and says that he and some of the guys are going to see a band at the bar, can't remember the name of the bar, which was out the back gate and did I want to go. I say sure, what's the bands name? He says Bon Jovi. I say, what the heck is a bon jovi. He says its the lead singers name, their supposed to be pretty good. Five dollar cover, best five bucks I ever spent. After the first set, the band was going to take a break and I say to Jon, hey man, you guys are pretty good. LoL. I had to go to Germany that winter and never heard anything else about them until I got back a year and a half later. Watching M TV I see the lead singer. :)

Irish said:
Brown Sugar,(how come you taste so good)...:icon_smile: :cool:

I taste so good because when I get the munchies I REALLY like eating brown sugar, by the spoonload out of the box and one is what one eats. If you have never eaten a flour tortilla with melted butter and piles of brown sugar you have no idea what you are missing. :evil:

I cannot believe I fergot "Gimme Shelter" and "Jumpin Jack Flash". :doh:

YYZ Skinhead said:
I taste so good because when I get the munchies I REALLY like eating brown sugar, by the spoonload out of the box and one is what one eats. If you have never eaten a flour tortilla with melted butter and piles of brown sugar you have no idea what you are missing. :evil:

I cannot believe I fergot "Gimme Shelter" and "Jumpin Jack Flash". :doh:

Instead of cinnamon toast, I make brown sugar toast. I never thought of a tortilla though, that sounds even better. :)

Umbrage lol as a boxer/welder/fabricator and little to no real interest in any music i stand by my opinion they were pretty damn rubbish.
Lol
T4

LOVE the Stones. I've always prefered them over the Beatles.

No way could I pick a favorite. Impossible. :p

Ive seen the stones 5 times now.

My fav is love in vain.

check it out. hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjVRkOGlr9I

powerplanter said:
Instead of cinnamon toast, I make brown sugar toast. I never thought of a tortilla though, that sounds even better. :)

Maple syrup and small quantities of vanilla extract combine well with brown sugar, too. Sheesh, I gotta figure out how to add pot to some of my brown sugar perversions. :icon_smile:

Latest posts

Back