Harry Potthead lawl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wargasm123

Reaction score
LONDON – A judge has sentenced a cast member of the "Harry Potter" films to 120 hours of community service for growing marijuana.
Twenty-year-old Jamie Waylett, who plays school bully Vincent Crabbe in the magical movie franchise, pleaded guilty to producing the drug at a court hearing last week.
Prosecutors said police found 10 marijuana plants growing in a bedroom at Waylett's mother's house in London.
Producing cannabis carries a maximum 14-year sentence. Judge Timothy Workman said Tuesday that he accepted that the cultivation was on a small scale and for Waylett's own use.
He said the actor had been, "until now, a man of good character."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090721/ap_on_en_mo/eu_britain_potter_actor

Yup anyone here that would have been busted for even that small of a grow would get pert near the max on the charge just because we haven't been in one of the most successful movie and book franchises in history. I wonder if J.K did some pocket stuffing to keep him on the lighter side of the sentencing :rolleyes:

Harry_Pothead_wm.jpg

I agree with the above, seems a light sentence if the most is 14 years. I agree if it was an "unknown" someone of good charactor, a very different verdict would have happened.
What does "community service" entail in England. In my county, it means picking up litter on the highway.

tcbud said:
What does "community service" entail in England. In my county, it means picking up litter on the highway.

It means exactly the same Tc.

3:19pm UK, Tuesday July 21, 2009
A Harry Potter actor has been spared jail and ordered to do 120 hours of community service after admitting growing cannabis.

Harry Potter actor, Jamie Waylett, admitted growing cannabis
Jamie Waylett, who plays Hogwarts bully Vincent Crabbe in the films, pleaded guilty last week after being charged along with his long-term friend John Innis in April.

Leaving London's City of Westminster Magistrates Court, the actor said: "I extend my sincere apologies to the producers, cast and crew and all at Warners and most especially to all Harry Potter fans."

His co-defendent, 20-year-old Innis, was sentenced to six weeks behind bars and fined £500.

District judge Timothy Workman told Waylett, who turned 20 today: "I accept that the cultivation of this cannabis was on a small scale, and this was not in any way a commercial venture on your part. Nevertheless you used a sophisticated growing system to do so.

"I give you credit for pleading guilty at the earliest opportunity, your co-operation with police and the fact that you are, until now, a man of good character."

The pair were detained in April under the Terrorism Act after Waylett took a photo of a police patrol as they drove past.

Innis' black Audi was searched and police discovered eight bags of cannabis and a knife.

When police examined the mobile phone used to take the picture, they found images of cannabis plants which Waylett admitted were his.

Officers then searched the home of his mother in Kilburn, northwest London, and found 10 cannabis plants growing in a tent in his bedroom.

They discovered a further three bags of the same drug at Innis' home in Barnet, north London.
Innis admitted possessing a knife and having 11 bags of cannabis.

Waylett plays the dim-witted sidekick of villan Draco Malfoy in all of the hugely successful Harry Potter films.

So it seems just because he is a semi celebrity he gets away with it after he addmitted he was the grower yet his friend gets jail.

Kinda stinks if you ask me.

P.s. People on this forum use mobile phones to take pictures, you have been warned!

:peace:

Source :- hXXp://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-News/Harry-Potter-Actor-Jamie-Waylett-Gets-Community-Service-But-Spared-Jail-Over-Cannabis-Charge/Article/200907315343040?lpos=Showbiz_News_News_Your_Way_Region_8&lid=NewsYourWay_ARTICLE_15343040_Harry_Potter_Actor_Jamie_Waylett_Gets_Community_Service_But_Spared_Jail_Over_Cannabis_Charge

tcbud said:
I agree with the above, seems a light sentence if the most is 14 years. I agree if it was an "unknown" someone of good charactor, a very different verdict would have happened.

Really? In my part of this great nation it means you need to bring the guy in charge of the CS a big old fattie so as not to waste your entire Saturday having to pick up someone else's trash. They don't call us the Yee-Haw State for nuttin, yee-haw.:D

I think being famous and having money helped this whole situation out, JMO.

Criz

Its not like the kid has any further career coming up, I am sure the end of tge Harry Potter nightmare will be his demise as well. At least it shows the US isn't alone with its unfair courts

Latest posts

Back