Harvest time question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can always harvest in shifts. What I mean is, when the tops look good, cut 'em down. Then keep peeking at the other heads until the mature how you want them. You may harvest the plant in three chops, depending on how tall it is and the light penetration to the lower branches.

Newbud said:
Well if there quite a bit then i'd think about choping some and leaving some in an attempt to have some slightly differing weed.
It can be nice to have a change some times ;)

Pick a bud warm oven to like 60-70 C maybe a little more, put bud on plate in oven and turn off oven, keep checking it but it will take a while to dry.
You can turn temp up a little more but i dont like the smoke as much.

Its a pretty acurate reflection of the bud this way i think :)
VERY tempted to give this a go!

astrobud said:
you could go to radio shack or something like it and buy a pocket microscope for like 10 bucks. chop a little leaf next to the bud, put it on a table and check it that way. works good for me. but thats me :)

Newbud said:
Yeah i got a cheap x30 one off amazon.

There like a clear plastic thing on the bottom, i wedge a piece of green in the whole at the bottom and i can focus on it perfectly without havin to hold still :)
You know I think my one (30X) and even my camera are prob decent enough, but it's the way I've been taking the pics that's the prob.

I'll cut a leaf and see what I can come up with.

Smoko said:
I'll cut a leaf and see what I can come up with.
I was hoping for better, but maybe I'm simply asking too much from a phone camera.

A leaf cutting from my 2 eldest plants.

1.jpg

2.jpg

If you have a jewellers loupe put it in front of the camera lens, you will be surprised at the magnification ;)

:peace:

30%20power-2.JPG

2 2 loupe.JPG

HippyInEngland said:
If you have a jewellers loupe put it in front of the camera lens, you will be surprised at the magnification ;)

:peace:
Yeah this is what I am doing!

I've got a 30X magnifyer, and using it in front of my camera lens.

But! ... the camera is a phone camera. It's been ok for most shots, but REAL close ups I just don't think it cuts it! ... :(

Thanks anyway ... :)

Latest posts

Back