Harvest time question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoko said:
Yeah I think we'll wait for some amber trichs for sure, and will only be checking them in daylight from now.

1 - 2 weeks maybe?

Go to the "Resource" page, read the dj short article on harvesting. "Particularly" the harvest window information...;)

Hick said:
Go to the "Resource" page, read the dj short article on harvesting. "Particularly" the harvest window information...;)
Will have a look, thanks ... :)

The waitng at the end becomes almost excruciating, doesn't it? Hang tight till you see some amber; you'll appreciate yourself for the effort.

PencilHead said:
The waitng at the end becomes almost excruciating, doesn't it? Hang tight till you see some amber; you'll appreciate yourself for the effort.
It does indeed! ... but yeah don't even want to chop a bud till we think we're RIGHT THERE! ... as tempting as it is.

Tell ya what tho. The spare room where they live ... damn smells dank fa sure! ... :D

Smoko said:
Is this picture clear enough to give some indication as to how long I've got before harvest?

Cheers
Well it's 2 weeks and 4 days since the OP.

I've been trying to get some decent pic's of the tric's, but this the best of the bunch.

Are we any the wiser anyone?

All looks a bit 'same old' to me and NO sign of any diff colours in the tric's.

8 weeks and 3 days into flowering.

Untitled-23456.jpg

hey suposably lowlife white russian takes 10 weeks, im comin up on 10 weeks this thuresday, showin verrrrry few amber tercs, whats the percentage i want?im lookin for both body n ceribral high ,mostly ceribral.plus idk if WR is sativa,indaca,or what ever that one is with the R... SORRY SMOKO for doin dis on your thread.

trichs.jpg

Well i tried to clear it up best i could, i not no techno geek lol, and if i zoom in on it i can see ambers dotted about i'm sure

Steady, man, steady. Are you trying to convince yourself it's ready or is it ready? If you're dying, sample some air buds from down low, but hang in there till you've got the amber you wanted in the beginning. Trade offs and short cuts really suck at this point. Steady as she goes, man.

lol a lil eager i see, ay just take sum off n dry it a bit, thats wat i did. mine isnt even done n i got about 3 g or wet bud dryin right now, i did this at week 7 and week 8, finishes week 10(thuresday).. but yea smoko did that dj short drying n curing help you at all??? i could understand half the stuff, they should make one for like novice growers that we dnt realy know what things are...

Hello Smoko :)

Did you take the picture with the flash turned on?

:peace:

Newbud said:
View attachment 116318

Well i tried to clear it up best i could, i not no techno geek lol, and if i zoom in on it i can see ambers dotted about i'm sure
Thank you, and yes I too can see some amber tric's ... :)

I'm gonna upload another 2 pic's I got earlier.

PencilHead said:
Steady, man, steady. Are you trying to convince yourself it's ready or is it ready? If you're dying, sample some air buds from down low, but hang in there till you've got the amber you wanted in the beginning. Trade offs and short cuts really suck at this point. Steady as she goes, man.
I'm in no rush, just scored a 'farmers' ... ;) ... but DO feel we could be knocking on the door now ... :)

Don't want any trade off's that's fa sure!

smokeup420 said:
lol a lil eager i see, ay just take sum off n dry it a bit, thats wat i did. mine isnt even done n i got about 3 g or wet bud dryin right now, i did this at week 7 and week 8, finishes week 10(thuresday).. but yea smoko did that dj short drying n curing help you at all??? i could understand half the stuff, they should make one for like novice growers that we dnt realy know what things are...
Yeah I've read and thanked ... :)

I'm gonna go with what he says ... :)

HippyInEngland said:
Hello Smoko :)

Did you take the picture with the flash turned on?

:peace:
Hello mate ... :)

To be honest I take a heap of pictures. Some with flash, some without. It's all pretty much pot luck.

I've GOTTA get a decent camera. The camera on me phone is 5mp and decent enough for most shots, but is failing now with close ups.

Altho also going thru a 30x magnifying glass is prob asking a bit much! ... :D

I'll HAVE to sort something better out.

Anyway, another 2 pics and I can see amber tric's on an untampered pic ... :eek:

My only prob goes back to prev prob ( :confused::D)

I mean, as I'm only gettin the odd decent pic. I can't seem to get shots from all over.

To see how the rest of the plant is going???

Make sense?

Oh and excuse me ... :bong1: :bong1:

:D

Yeah, pic 1 is the best I just got, and pic 2 is a cropping (untouched) from it.

You see what *I* see ???

1.jpg

2.jpg

Oh and to back up my point.

This is another pic crop, taken just to the right of the other.

Helps not? ... :confused:

I'm new to all this, first grow and all that, but do I wait for ALL of the plant to be whatever % of ambers? ... or do I wait for the first sight of anything that's X % amber?

You see my problem?

3.jpg

I can see your problem, some bits are more developed, or should i say amber than others, that last pic was kinda dodgy but they look pretty clear i think, hhmmmm???
I'm still a newb really myself experience wise, done a lot of homework but, only got 2 crops under my belt ( just cropped some micro's tonight :) ) i'm unsure what to tell you really.
Personaly i'd hang in there a wee while longer.
I have just gone through this agony myself.
It was so hard to sit on my hands but i let my PP girls go 12 weeks waiting for couch lock.
I eventually chopped when i could see a good percentage of amber at pretty much any point of a decent size bud.
Wasn't easy i can tell you lol.
One thing i will say though is i wish i had cropped a little more of it earlier just so i'd have had some bit different kinda stone.

Newbud said:
I can see your problem, some bits are more developed, or should i say amber than others, that last pic was kinda dodgy but they look pretty clear i think, hhmmmm???
I'm still a newb really myself experience wise, done a lot of homework but, only got 2 crops under my belt ( just cropped some micro's tonight :) ) i'm unsure what to tell you really.
Personaly i'd hang in there a wee while longer.
I have just gone through this agony myself.
It was so hard to sit on my hands but i let my PP girls go 12 weeks waiting for couch lock.
I eventually chopped when i could see a good percentage of amber at pretty much any point of a decent size bud.
Wasn't easy i can tell you lol.
One thing i will say though is i wish i had cropped a little more of it earlier just so i'd have had some bit different kinda stone.
I think we're gonna chop in a week or so. Yeah I just can't see there being a point where I see amber tric's all over the place. I just don't wanna see any black ones ... :eek:

I'm tempted to chop a bud now, just to see the difference.

Hmmmm

Well if there quite a bit then i'd think about choping some and leaving some in an attempt to have some slightly differing weed.
It can be nice to have a change some times ;)

Pick a bud warm oven to like 60-70 C maybe a little more, put bud on plate in oven and turn off oven, keep checking it but it will take a while to dry.
You can turn temp up a little more but i dont like the smoke as much.

Its a pretty acurate reflection of the bud this way i think :)

you could go to radio shack or something like it and buy a pocket microscope for like 10 bucks. chop a little leaf next to the bud, put it on a table and check it that way. works good for me. but thats me :)

Yeah i got a cheap x30 one off amazon.

There like a clear plastic thing on the bottom, i wedge a piece of green in the whole at the bottom and i can focus on it perfectly without havin to hold still :)

Latest posts

Back