Have you seen this before?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcduck

Feed the soil, not the plant
Reaction score
I was checking my garden and came across this. Has anyone ever seen something like this before? The plant has a bud growing out of the fan leaf??

wow.JPG

i had a plant do that its some kinda mutation. but the plant did great it was one of the best pheno's:D i thought it was cool since it did not seem to affect the growth LOL

pcduck said:
I was checking my garden and came across this. Has anyone ever seen something like this before? The plant has a bud growing out of the fan leaf??
Where in all that is this bud? Can you take a better pic of it?

POTUS said:
Where in all that is this bud? Can you take a better pic of it?

I can not take any more pics till the lights come back on. It may not be a true bud forming on the fan leaf stem, but it has all the white hairs and whatnot. This just started to form over the last 12 hours or so of light. What I am trying to explain is right in the middle of the photo.

I see it..thats wierd duck..be sure to keep us posted on that...

Hello Pcduck :)

Certainly an odd one, I have never seen anything like it, ive seen many plants in real life.

Are these your seeds? Or was it a cutting? Baggies?

Has no-one not noticed the deviations and abnormalities that are cropping up time and time again?

Someone else on the forum has the same thing.

So many mixes and crosses are being thrown out, you have to think that some strange offshoots of wild anomaly will show itself.

This may not be a bad thing ;)

If you have your fingers on a plant that grows bud sites on new places, this could be very advantageous to you!

You have a big experiment you could do, take a cutting (clone it), if it does the same and it will show you it wasnt just a leaf oddity and you really do have a plant with a trait to grow more bud along its leaf structure.

This is quite exciting :)

:peace:

I think it is just an abnormality HIE that was the only place so far that it has shown it...So far.. This is just bag seed of bubba/kush....Like you said it would be great to have a plant with new areas for bud sites, but I doubt if this is the case. I wish it was..I am not into or knowledgeable enough to grow this pheno out...I did take clones so I will be watching to see if this keeps cropping up.

Somewhere in its chromosome network it has the ability to bud along its leaf stem, lets hope someone with knowledge of this can pop in :)

KK where are you?

The pic is oddly tranfixing Pc, I cant help but keep staring at it, this is the next generation stuff.

:peace:

my vote has to be: if the plant is healthy and happy enough to grow bud out of the fan leaf...who am i to complain!

can't wait to see some more pics too! bpotm nomination??

benamucc said:
my vote has to be: if the plant is healthy and happy enough to grow bud out of the fan leaf...who am i to complain!

can't wait to see some more pics too! bpotm nomination??

lol...If it actually grows a bud out I will most definitely put it in bpotm

pcduck said:
lol...If it actually grows a bud out I will most definitely put it in bpotm
it looked like mine did if it does the same thing it wont get much bigger than that. mine was rite were the leaflets connect. yours looks further back:cool:

Pothead420 said:
it looked like mine did if it does the same thing it wont get much bigger than that. mine was rite were the leaflets connect. yours looks further back:cool:

Did you smoke it? Did you try to figure out why it did this?

I did hit mine hard with the bloom, now backing off a bit.

hey Duck, I had the same thing happen with my last grow. I made a thread on it about a week ago but it didnt go far. My plant was a Mental Floss clone and it did the exact same thing where buds just shot out of the middle of a stem. I probably had about a hundred or two, little buds like that. Mine got a little bigger but stayed really small. It was some of the best weed ive grown so it does not effect potency at all. I bought the seeds from a breeder and then cut and grew out about thirty clones of the Mental Floss and only one had that deformity. The clone that I took that cutting from didnt show the same deformities as its daughter.

Latest posts

Back