Heat level

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokinpurpkush

Reaction score
Hi i have a question about the room tempature. any secrets to have a content temp. some info would help out thanks.

ventilation , small fan (air movement) and vented hood for hid's . I am just about out of the experimental stage.

wut kinda set-up are u workin with? how big is your grow space? b a lil more specific and we can b very precise about the information we give so it will b beneficial for u

AC always keeps the temp where you want it. With ventilation I always overdo it to ensure the air is really moving. Air-cooled lights are a wonderful idea also.

I highly suggest an environment controller. I'm using a Sentinel Evc-2. It can control a heater,exhaust,intake,dehumidifier/humidifier and CO2. Set the temp and RH you want and your done. Best $ I've spent yet!

parkone said:
I highly suggest an environment controller. I'm using a Sentinel Evc-2. It can control a heater,exhaust,intake,dehumidifier/humidifier and CO2. Set the temp and RH you want and your done. Best $ I've spent yet!

how much did that piece cost?

I use a GreenAir independent humidity & cooling controller. No more problems with heat. Also vent the heat off your light.

parkone said:

That would be great to have for a grow room. It seems like a sound investment but it's hard for me to justify spending $250-$300 on anything. I'll put that on my wish list to Santa lol.

hugs4nuggs420 said:
That would be great to have for a grow room. It seems like a sound investment but it's hard for me to justify spending $250-$300 on anything. I'll put that on my wish list to Santa lol.

I'm about 80 miles from you, dog--I spend my extras on AC for temp and RH controll.

My room is about 10' by 12' i have 2AC,also a 8' exhuast fan and 8' intake fan. I have my exhuast fan close to the cieling and the intake which is freash air from ousice on the floor to create a flow of freash air. Yesterday i was 30 degrees celcus. question: dose it matter the size of fans? u think i need bigger fans of more?

oh yeah thinking about it i have a carbon filter on my exhuast. proby would be better without but i have to leave it on. :( but my guesss is its not sucks the air as much. true? or fales?

How many lights are you running? (2) personal space ACs and (2) 8" fans, you should be pulling the leaves off the plants with air movement. Where are you pulling intake air from, inside the house or from the great outdoors?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh--I bet you don't have your ACs vented to the outside, do you? I use mine for auxillary exaust as much as cooling. The vent on the back of the unit should be vented to the outside, or you're just pushing out equal amounts of cool air in the front and hot air in the back.

Good luck.

His room is 120 sq ft. 8" exhaust aint gonna cut it. I run dual 12" for a bit bigger.

nouvellechef said:
His room is 120 sq ft. 8" exhaust aint gonna cut it. I run dual 12" for a bit bigger.

I agree. In addition to cooling your space, you need to provide a constant supply of fresh CO2 all the time your lights are on. I like to exchange the air in my space 3-4 times a minute. IMO, you simply need way more ventilation. How many and what wattage lights are you running?

The ACs should be running a 6" fans inside them for exhaust if they're "personal space" jobs. I have no idea type fans nor what that would equate to CFM wise though.

i have 8 1000watt hps. i built a room just for my ballests and everything electrical with its own exhusht fan. all my ac are in the wall to where my grow room is. there are set at a certain temp. i have my exh fan on and intake fan on when the lights are on becouse of the heat.

my room temp right now with the lights on is 27 deg celius which is alright.

PencilHead said:
How many lights are you running? (2) personal space ACs and (2) 8" fans, you should be pulling the leaves off the plants with air movement. Where are you pulling intake air from, inside the house or from the great outdoors?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh--I bet you don't have your ACs vented to the outside, do you? I use mine for auxillary exaust as much as cooling. The vent on the back of the unit should be vented to the outside, or you're just pushing out equal amounts of cool air in the front and hot air in the back.

Good luck.

my intake air is coming from the great outdoors. i have my ac indoors but in my electrical room with its own exh fan that gose outside.

Okay, you've got window shakers which are self-exhausting.

That's a lot of light/heat for just two fans and them opposing.

Probably be wise to ramp up exhaust CFMs, wouldn't it? 2 more 8" maybe? I run 600 so I don't know how much extra Celsius you're dealing with there.

When I added my 3rd light, I thought my 6" centifugal would be overwhelmed, but I siamesed it in anyway. So far, so good and that's (3) 600s on one 6" fan. But I do have plenty of auxillary ventilation besides that.

Could you add one 8" fan for 4 lights, use the original 8" fan for the other 4 lights, and add one 8" fan for additional intake, see what that does for you?

Latest posts

Back