hello

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoner 420

Reaction score
hey all. it has been a long shile since i last posted but i have been checking the forum and learning away.lol. Neways i have found some fans i want to use on my box i ham putting together the only thing is thatthey r not cpu fans they look like one but they look like they came off a machine or something i will take some pics later and put them up to help with the discription...

This is what the look like...1. it has three wires ( unlike the cpu fan has two) it has 2 black wires and a green wire... i am pretty sure the green is a ground so this is what i thought i could do... i thought maybe i could get a three prong plug ( ground plug) and wire the fans to that then hook it up to a surge protector...

If any has any idea what i am talking about please help i need to get my box completed so i can start a GJ...

Stoney bud i know u r still around how r u

mutt i am sorry to hear what happeded with the retirement but glad to see u back n action now.

and TBG still keepin everyone on there toes i see i am so glad to b back postin again i have missed everyone

If any one can help I would b greatfull

happy growing to everyone

stoner 420 said:
hey all. it has been a long shile since i last posted but i have been checking the forum and learning away.lol. Neways i have found some fans i want to use on my box i ham putting together the only thing is thatthey r not cpu fans they look like one but they look like they came off a machine or something i will take some pics later and put them up to help with the discription...

This is what the look like...1. it has three wires ( unlike the cpu fan has two) it has 2 black wires and a green wire... i am pretty sure the green is a ground so this is what i thought i could do... i thought maybe i could get a three prong plug ( ground plug) and wire the fans to that then hook it up to a surge protector...

If any has any idea what i am talking about please help i need to get my box completed so i can start a GJ...

Stoney bud i know u r still around how r u

mutt i am sorry to hear what happeded with the retirement but glad to see u back n action now.

and TBG still keepin everyone on there toes i see i am so glad to b back postin again i have missed everyone

If any one can help I would b greatfull

happy growing to everyone
Whats up stoner420. How are you and the wife? Some CPU fans have 3 wires so you might wanna try hooking that baby up to a A/C adapter like we do our CPU fans. You can just cut off the ground wire or leave it.

so TBG what u r saying is it will work without the ground wire hooked up i am going to try to use an old cell phone charger will this work.. thanks for the qiuck reply ... althought i still am not sure if it is a computer fan it is farly good sized well its only like 6'' but looks to b heavy duty but anyway thanks i will put the pics up al soon as possible...... pls if anyone else can hlep pls the more the marrier.......

TBG me and the wife r fine now that we r back Home and giong to try and get a good setup first then try growing unlike last time.....

Too all that read this the wife says hi also

stoner 420 said:
so TBG what u r saying is it will work without the ground wire hooked up i am going to try to use an old cell phone charger will this work.. thanks for the qiuck reply ... althought i still am not sure if it is a computer fan it is farly good sized well its only like 6'' but looks to b heavy duty but anyway thanks i will put the pics up al soon as possible...... pls if anyone else can hlep pls the more the marrier.......

TBG me and the wife r fine now that we r back Home and giong to try and get a good setup first then try growing unlike last time.....

Too all that read this the wife says hi also
Whats up stoner420. I'm not sure if you can use a phone charger but i would give it a go. If it doesn't work the first try switch the wires around and try again. If that doesn't work you will need to get a 12 volt A/C adapter.

Hey TBG i tryied the AC adapter acctually tryied two or three different ones and i didn't get anything... so for shiits and giggles i tryied and old ac plug for the computer...
i cut it and wired the fan up and then pluged it in and after a few different tries it what do u know it worked .... the only question i have now is.. is this a bad way to wire this i have it pluged into a surge protector so i figure if anything goes wrong it will kick the surge protector..
oh yeah i went ahead and wired both of the fans to the ground plug but i was thinging mayb i should get another ground plug...... any tips would b great from anyone that may know a little more than i do i am not electically declined but not familar with this kind of thing so if anyone may know anything more pls let me know

stoner 420 said:
Hey TBG i tryied the AC adapter acctually tryied two or three different ones and i didn't get anything... so for shiits and giggles i tryied and old ac plug for the computer...
i cut it and wired the fan up and then pluged it in and after a few different tries it what do u know it worked .... the only question i have now is.. is this a bad way to wire this i have it pluged into a surge protector so i figure if anything goes wrong it will kick the surge protector..
oh yeah i went ahead and wired both of the fans to the ground plug but i was thinging mayb i should get another ground plug...... any tips would b great from anyone that may know a little more than i do i am not electically declined but not familar with this kind of thing so if anyone may know anything more pls let me know
Well if it works it should be fine. Be sure all the wires are covered up with electrical tape or wire caps and yes use the surge protector. ;)

Latest posts

Back