Help identify this

Discussion in 'Sick Plants & Problems' started by MeNtAlPaTiEnT, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Oct 9, 2019 #1

MeNtAlPaTiEnT

MeNtAlPaTiEnT

MeNtAlPaTiEnT

Hey everyone! Just popping in the show a few pics of a girl showing weird leaf issues. None of the other ladies are showing similar signs. Same soil as all the other plants. Same plain water too. The leaves feel softer than usual too. Out of all the plants she is a few inches closest to the light though.
    Thanks for looking mp fam!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    St_Nick and Rosebud like this.
  2. Oct 9, 2019 #2

oldfogey8

oldfogey8

oldfogey8

Maybe heat stress from the plant being just a bit too close to the light? Found this on growweedeasy.

81EC11DC-FDA5-49A5-94FE-D2D7B3B6D501.jpeg

3. Oct 9, 2019 #3

Lesso

Lesso

Lesso

Mad Scientist

Taco-ed leaves...they are too hot.

stinkyattic and Rosebud like this.
  4. Oct 12, 2019 #4

docfishwrinkle

docfishwrinkle

docfishwrinkle

to me, those don't look like heat stress. can you get pics of a leaf in "normal" light?

Rosebud likes this.
  5. Oct 12, 2019 #5

Rosebud

Rosebud

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer Staff Member Admin Moderator

Are you thinking they are hungry Doc? I am, to me they look like they need some worm tea, if your organic, if not some N.

6. Oct 15, 2019 #6

stinkyattic

stinkyattic

stinkyattic

her dankness

Lab rat
    I've seen that before, they are hot and also their metabolism is faster due to heat, so they could and should eat more, too. Thats why they also look a bit pale on top of the frizzled margins. Congratulations, you have the perfect conditions to add a tank co2 system!
    I'm guessing your high temp is close to or above 90. I would give a micronutrient foliar, fine mist not spray, less is more (I use gh micro at 1ml/l, every other day if I see any deficiency ) and very slightly increase your base ferts, work up to where they get some green back, and seriously... co2. This helps with fertilizer uptake and metabolism at hugh temps. I very very rarely suggest this because so few growers have their other stuff dialled in enough to justify juicing. But I'm seeing a really good garden there!
    If you can't or don't want to juice the atmosphere, you really gotta get max temps down below 85. But your conditions- very well tended and hot (possibly hangry) but otherwise healthy plants in what looks like an enclosed space- The juice is ah... good, ehh? All I can think about is Dana carvey trying to get more gyro sauce on SNL ... k bye going to scour YouTube now.
    Set up a tank!! Your plants will thank you :)

hollowpoint likes this.
  7. Oct 17, 2019 at 3:07 AM #7

stinkyattic

stinkyattic

stinkyattic

her dankness

Lab rat
    Soon after you posted your pics I found an example in my own garden on a 6 week old plant about 8" from a mh400. It's subtle but see that upward clawing in the hot spot? Hot, dry regular air. The margins curl up rather than laying flat.

Attached Files: