HELP! *** IS THIS!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Please help! Two of my girls are covered in what looks like a powdery brown mold/mildew/rust.... I've searched all over the Internet and can't find anything on it. I've tried rubbing my fingers on the spots and it doesn't feel like anything powdery is rubbing off and I don't see anything on my fingers afterwards... if i am rubbing spores off, it's so so so fine that I'm just NOT feeling it... It's getting on the sugar leaves now. Not sure what the **** it is, but I've been growing for over 22 years and feel like I've seen this only one other time on my plants when I was a kid... Seems to grow on the insides of leaves if y'all look closely... any info and/or advice about this would be greatly appreciated!!! I didn't see anything on the internet about this... (Currently using arber bio fungicide but it's not touching it n that stuff works awesome for anything else I've encountered that's fungal) Thanks y'all!

Attachments

• IMG_20230918_095235.jpg
    IMG_20230918_095235.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230918_095231.jpg
    IMG_20230918_095231.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I blew up the pictures the best I could, and I barely see what you’re talking about. I will make a note that the leaves look very light green, and would benefit by using Epsom salts… can you go into detail on what it is you’re feeding your plants in the environment in which they live.

I blew up the pictures the best I could, and I barely see what you’re talking about. I will make a note that the leaves look very light green, and would benefit by using Epsom salts… can you go into detail on what it is you’re feeding your plants in the environment in which they live.
Yeah they're lighter green from overwatering. Not my fault (or the concern). My issue isn't a deficiency. It's the browning on the insides of the tops of the fan leaves, and now on the sugar leaves too. This has been going on about 2-3 weeks now. I'm almost certain that it's fungal but I need a second opinion from some Vets here man. Appreciate y'all!

Looks like a PH Problem. What is the PH of your runoff?
It's not bugs and it's not PM. The way it's moving up the leaves it has to be a nutrient issue.

Last edited:
I'll just take some more pics tomorrow evening for y'all to really see what I'm referring to. I wish it was any of those things y'all suggested. I'm running 2 of the exact same strains out of my dozen, and did everything absolutely the same. Anyways, all of a sudden, one of those twins developed this, while the other twin is completely unaffected, AND another plant (totally diff pheno), one that was closest to that one that was infected, has the SAME exact thing going on. I'm telling y'all this is an organism. I just don't know what it is. It's not deficiency, fade, pH or ppm. They're fed very well, clean, distilled water, etc etc and ALL my plants are on the same feeding regimen, to the t. I've been doing this shit over 2 decades y'all. Credit please. Anyways, like I said before, I'm not concerned with the overwatering symptoms that y'all are seeing (that my ole lady caused). They've already bounced back since the pics were taken. I'm only concerned about the light browning on the insides of the fan leaves, and worse, on a lot of sugar leaf, of two of my plants. Not fuckin happy dude. I'll get more pics tomorrow evening n then y'all are gonna see what I'm talking about.

Stay high

Also, I'm an all organic farmer. Not interested in chemical treatment or nasty neem oil. Only interested in figuring out what it is first.
Not meaning to be too snarky but in this case good pictures are worth 1000 words.

How about those pictures

And cold pressed neem oil is about as organic as it gets

Not meaning to be too snarky but in this case good pictures are worth 1000 words.

How about those pictures

And cold pressed neem oil is about as organic as it gets
Absolutely agree. My camera isn't great. I'll take better ones this evening for y'all!
As far as the neem oil, I personally will not smoke something with neem oil sprayed on it. I don't want any oils on my plants other than what they themselves produce naturally, but yeah, thank you!

Appreciate your attitude sticky. But if you want to learn to be a successful grower you need to open up your mind and listen to these guys. Have fun and learn.

Pictures??!
??? 🤨 Open my mind and listen to them? I am. That's literally what I'm doing brew. I just know my shit. I know its fungal. There's no other issue here. Thank you though! N I'll have pics up this evening for y'all!

Absolutely agree. My camera isn't great. I'll take better ones this evening for y'all!
As far as the neem oil, I personally will not smoke something with neem oil sprayed on it. I don't want any oils on my plants other than what they themselves produce naturally, but yeah, thank you!

I agree with ya on the neem oil , don’t smoke it

but neem oil is beneficial to humans when used properly

Abstract​

In ethnomedicine, plant parts and compounds are used traditionally to treat different diseases. Neem (Azadirachta indica A. Juss) is the most versatile and useful medicinal plant ever found.

Its every part is rich in bioactive compounds, which have traditionally been used to treat different ailments including infectious diseases. Bioactive compounds such as nimbolide, azarirachtin, and gedunin of neem are reported to have a tremendous ability to regulate numerous biological processes in vitro and in vivo.

The present review article aims to explore the importance of neem extracts and bioactive compounds in the regulation of different biological pathways.

We have reviewed research articles up to March 2020 on the role of neem in antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiangiogenic, immunomodulatory, and apoptotic activities.

Studies on the concerned fields demonstrate that the bioactive compounds and extracts of neem have a regulatory effect on several biological mechanisms.

It has been unveiled that extensive research is carried out on limonoids such as nimbolide and azarirachtin. It is evidenced by different studies that neem extracts are the potential to scavenge free radicals and reduce ROS-mediated damage to cells. Neem can be used to normalize lipid peroxidation and minimize ROS-mediated cell death.

Besides, neem extracts can significantly reduce the release of proinflammatory cytokines and elevate the count of CD4 + and CD8 + T-cells. This review indicates the pivotal roles of A. indica in the regulation of different biological pathways.

However, future investigations on other bioactive compounds of neem may reveal different therapeutic potentials.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7981372/

I agree with ya on the neem oil , don’t smoke it

but neem oil is beneficial to humans when used properly

Abstract​

In ethnomedicine, plant parts and compounds are used traditionally to treat different diseases. Neem (Azadirachta indica A. Juss) is the most versatile and useful medicinal plant ever found.

Its every part is rich in bioactive compounds, which have traditionally been used to treat different ailments including infectious diseases. Bioactive compounds such as nimbolide, azarirachtin, and gedunin of neem are reported to have a tremendous ability to regulate numerous biological processes in vitro and in vivo.

The present review article aims to explore the importance of neem extracts and bioactive compounds in the regulation of different biological pathways.

We have reviewed research articles up to March 2020 on the role of neem in antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiangiogenic, immunomodulatory, and apoptotic activities.

Studies on the concerned fields demonstrate that the bioactive compounds and extracts of neem have a regulatory effect on several biological mechanisms.

It has been unveiled that extensive research is carried out on limonoids such as nimbolide and azarirachtin. It is evidenced by different studies that neem extracts are the potential to scavenge free radicals and reduce ROS-mediated damage to cells. Neem can be used to normalize lipid peroxidation and minimize ROS-mediated cell death.

Besides, neem extracts can significantly reduce the release of proinflammatory cytokines and elevate the count of CD4 + and CD8 + T-cells. This review indicates the pivotal roles of A. indica in the regulation of different biological pathways.

However, future investigations on other bioactive compounds of neem may reveal different therapeutic potentials.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7981372/
Yeah dude, no bueno. I read about links between that and CHS and other stuff and I just prefer plants with no added chemicals or oils. n yes I agree with you about neem oil being awesome if used correctly! Totally with that. Just not with putting it in my lungs ya know😁✌️

Latest posts

Back