Help! Lighting issue I

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarmToTable

Reaction score
I've got 14 georgeous plants ready to go outside in 3 days (about 6-7 weeks veg). Tonight my girlfriend asked me why the light was off in the tent..

First thought? Freak out!! Luckily I had just fed less than 2 hours ago and I know the light hasn't been off that long.

I know MH with the blue spectrum is best for Veg. All I have though is an HPS bulb. Will they be ok (24h) under that for last 3 days?

Think they're fine, just looking for expert opinion.

Thanks all. Green mojo to everyone.

Lows are 33,31,30 for the next 3 nights. Then 47 and above for lows. Right to wait ? I was advised to wait until lows are at around 50 if possible.

Will those temps hurt them?

I would leave them inside. 4U is just anxious cause WA has been the hottest state for overall daily temps in the nation this past week. That's very odd. I hate it, but I'm a cook too.

Def keep them inside. I would say if your next 10 day forecast is favorable after this cold front passes you should be good. Generally June 1st is when I used to go outside with mine unless the forecast looked favorable beforehand.

And yes they will be fine with hps.

Thx a lot. Looks like wed is the day to put them out. Looks to be clear from there on out. Can't wait. I'll update my journal tomorrow, Farmtotable multi strain.

Could just be because I fed them when I changed the bulb, but since under hps they look insane.

Pics tomorrow. Thx again .

You gave them more lumens and food to process, so they are quite happy at the moment. Had you been able to give them a CO2 boost at the same time, they would have really shocked you :)

Hushpuppy said:
You gave them more lumens and food to process, so they are quite happy at the moment. Had you been able to give them a CO2 boost at the same time, they would have really shocked you :)

Interesting- more lumens but isn't it the wrong spectrum? Could you veg successfully under HPS and get similar results? Just can't flower under mh..right?

What is the simplest way to incorporate co2 in a small tent setup, 4x4x7 ?

Did some serious manicuring tonight, and watered. The lowest low in the next 10 days is 42...and 70s during day. I am dying to get these things out. Is it completely necessary to wait until lows are 50 or above? I understand they won't grow below 50 but it won't kill them of it doesn't frost?

Thanks

You can veg under Hps and you can Flower with MH.... Its all a matter of preference...

I know a med grower that used only MH for years... for veg and flower with beyond great results... he now runs gativa pros along with MH mixed in...

Latest posts

Back