Help needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi THG tried leaving my nutes in water for 12hrs but ph still 5.6.
Here's a couple of pics 1st 1 is g13 haze 2nd 1 is white widow.

200612-1749.jpg

200612-1750.jpg

YEAH you're ph is too acidic and needs to be raised to a much happier 6.5 - 7.0 for proper uptake...

Hey 7 thts totally confused me lol since am in coco should i not b ph'ing in between 5.8-6.5 or something around there?

I have just tried coco once and imo my plants were happiest aty a ph of 6.0 to 6.3. I think coco naturally locks out N and you need to up the nutes for a better growth. IMO those plants are robbing N from lower old growth to support new growth.

I completely agree with Ozzy as I grow in coco. Even though you are using it like a soil grow, it is still soilless which would be actually between hydro and soil on the ph. And coco seems to do best at the lower end of the ph range for soil/soilless. Those girls still look seriously hungry to me.

Hey how much water are they getting when you water them, and how often? I have my plants feeding constantly by having medium high nutrients in water that is going into the soil on a trickle for 10minutes every 4 hours. Having those plants in only coco means that their only source of nutes is what you are putting in the pots with them.

Am only watering twice a week and giving them 500ml of ph'd water and nutes every tuesday.

Could the problem b the fact am only using floranova bloom through the entire growth cycle(4-8-7)?

I wish I knew the FloraNova better. Idon't think that is causing the problem as much as I think they just aren't getting enough. You are giving them 500ml of nuted water only 1 time a week. Is that to each plant or split between the 2. That is only half a liter of nuted water each week, and you are only using 2ml of nutes to 1 liter of water. I bet they would do better with 4ml of nutes to 1liter of water 2 or even 3 times a week.

I should have said 500ml per plant doh. At the moment i have 3 white widow clones 5 g13 haze's and 2 sugar black roses. I only live a matter of seconds from the hydro/seed shop so anything u think i need i can get. It's just totally freaking me out never had no problems before when growing in soil until my m8 said coco gives it an overall better taste/smoke.

What you grow in, has no effect on the taste imo.. IT is all in the genetics and the growing enviroment the plant was grown in. As long as you supply the right ammounts of light, water, air(temp & humidity) and nutrients you will achieve the best taste/smoke that the genetics you are growing will produce

I have seen that coco is a challenge to grow in if using it for soilless, although I'm not sure why. I use it in hydro and have no trouble at all. It may be that GH nutes aren't as compatible with coco. I use Advanced nutrients' Jungle Juice now for 2 grows in coco/hydro and have had really pleasing results so far. My bro uses coco/hydro the same way I do and he uses Technaflora's BC recipe with good success.

I took a look at the GH floraNova and that stuff is really concentrated. It says to use 4-6ml of bloom per gallon of water, which is ~3.75liters. That is 1-1.5ml of nutes per liter, however I think just giving them that in half a liter of water once a week isn't enough. I think you should give them that 2 times a week for the next 3 weeks and see how they react. Once they start to pick up (which I think they will), you can up that to either 3 times a week if they are drying out enough or increase the nutes and continue to give twice a week. I would also say to make sure to PH it to 6.0-6.2 and see how they do. :)

Latest posts

Back