help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tashido

Reaction score
Im thinking of engineering a type of hydro set-up just as fun.
Anyone know a complete list of things I would need to start a hydro setup aswell as nute list and ect.

Just be sure to read up on it my friend. Search through the hydroponics forums and use the search engine here on the site. That will answer most of the questions that you have. Take care and be safe.

Yep, all kinds of hydro. Do some reading, also if you find something retail you like do a google search for the pdf instructions of the unit and inside you will find a list of "parts" and a nice guide to help you build whatever you decide. And look through the DIY section also, lots of ideas there. Also with nutes, are you looking organic, semi organic, chemical or doesn't matter?

Tools you will need...a pH meter and a TDS/EC/PPM type meter. I use a PPM meter personally I also see a lot using the EC.

Hey I have a question , Are the roots supposed to touch the water , or what should the dimensions of my box be im going to engineer one tonight theye easy to make ive looked it up. I think they can be upwards of 3foot deep?

Sure roots should be in water. Is it a DWC unit? What kind of box, you might have to be more specific to get the answer you are looking for.

yeah its DWC unit , If i leave sruff out just ask ill fill yah in asap.

DWC you need some air stones and an air pump. And it's up to you on nutes.

ive got pump and airstone already , I was wondering what nutes you would recomend , and do i put them in the water or what =p ive yet to really get into hydro yet

Cool, might get a couple more airstones too if it's a good sized box. I use FF, Botanicare Pure Blend Pro and House and Garden. I like Botanicare best, most organic and then I like House and Garden.

Do a google on Botanicare, you want the whole series, Grow, Bloom, Cal Mag, Liquid Karma (kicks butt), Hydroguard, and Clearex...whew. And get some Sweet or General Hydroponics Sweet. As for flower enhancers I
ll let the others chime in but I use the FF 3 part (Fox Farms).

Yes pH and nute water, keep does real low, how old are the plants?

mhm im starting 12 new ones but my current lady is 3 weeks or so its doing exceptionally well but thats the one in soil so im trying to debate if i want to continue soil for a while and switch over to hydro at a later time or experiment with it now.

Latest posts

Back