Help w red stems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doja

Stay High
Reaction score
hello stoney brothers and sisters
i have recently picked up a clone and transplanted over the weekend. the leaves look great but the stems are not green like they are suppose to. they are a reddish purple. could anybody help me out to let me know if this is a normal problem that will go away over time or is this a nutrient deficiency.
thanks,
Doja

If the plant looks healthy and it's still growing then it's natural. Some strains do this.

Do you know your ph? Just like bombbudpuffa said it can be genetic. I do find all veggers need a dose of bloom ferts occaisionally though.

yeah. my stems, some of them are green, but some are a deep red. almost a rhuberry. it's healthy as a horse thuogh.

hedrusche said:
yeah. my stems, some of them are green, but some are a deep red. almost a rhuberry. it's healthy as a horse thuogh.

Mine can look like rhubarb when they are growing alot. Perfectly healthy.

Elephant Man said:
Can you post some pics?

Well EMan I don't know how well you can see them, but if you look at the base of the plant there are 2 stems, one going left and one right, that are visible and have the reddish color to them. This was taken today. The cabinet is taped air tight for the night, but I'll try and snap a better shot tommorrow. Later.

HPIM0253.JPG

theyorker said:
Well EMan I don't know how well you can see them, but if you look at the base of the plant there are 2 stems, one going left and one right, that are visible and have the reddish color to them. This was taken today. The cabinet is taped air tight for the night, but I'll try and snap a better shot tommorrow. Later.

Oh...sorry...I was asking the original poster.:eek: Pink 'stems' does make me a little concerned. Pink meristems are very common, but as far as the 'main' stem being pink...well...I'm sure there are strains that might...but I have yet to grow one.

I think it would be safe to add a touch of bloom ferts and see what happens...if the red decreases, it probably was a deficiency.

As for your plant Yorker, she is a beauty.:aok:

hey man it might have got cold cuz it happened to one of mine this year outside its fine tho idk it was just a sproutling tho

Elephant Man said:
Can you post some pics?
that is kinda hard for me to do rite now but i will try to get it by the end of the week, but i will try my hardest to get a snap earlier for you to see.its making me really nervous

Elephant Man said:
Do you know your ph? Just like bombbudpuffa said it can be genetic. I do find all veggers need a dose of bloom ferts occaisionally though.

yea my ph is about 6.8. if i should add bloom ferts how often/ much. i am currently using the fox farm fert for the vegging. i do have the bottle for blooming also fox farm. its called tiger bloom.

Is the actual main stem red? You can easily go half bloom/ half veg ferts anytime you want. Actually, it will help to do so a few days before taking clones too. Ph sounds fine.

Latest posts

Back