Hempy Buckets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGVermont1965

Lover of all things green
Reaction score
Does anyone still use these?
I'm intrigued, we're starting a "soil" grow and the Hempy buckets seem like a great way to go.
Any input would be appreciated, this soil stuff is tough !

I suppose you could use soil in a hemp bucket but from my reading, most use them for some sort of hydro style of growing and use coco coir or chips or maybe a vermiculite and perlite mix...wish you all the best and perhaps someone more knowledgable on th subject will stop in...I don’t do the hemp buckets but I use coco chips with a top feed and drain system...

I suppose you could use soil in a hemp bucket but from my reading, most use them for some sort of hydro style of growing and use coco coir or chips or maybe some vermiculite and perlite...I grow using coco chips in a top feed and drain setup...

I suppose you could use soil in a hemp bucket but from my reading, most use them for some sort of hydro style of growing and use coco coir or chips or maybe some vermiculite and perlite...I grow using coco chips in a top feed and drain setup...
I use a ratio of 50/50 coir and perlite with the mandatory (imo) 2 inches of perlite just above the drain hole...some people use either 100% coco coir or perlite...the coco and perlite is easy for me... I also use the modified Lucas Formula with General Hydroponic nutes... 2 1/5 - 5 gallon buckets work well... here is a pic for you of my current Hempy Bucket grow...mostly in 2 gallon containers this time... Best of Luck !
100_2898.JPG

I like using the more coarse coco chips for my grow...ya get good oxygen coverage to the roots...the chips have a good amount of the fine coir fiber as well...

Latest posts

Back