Off the wall topic - Do you cry easily

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ Passion

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Bear with me. I was discussing the passing of close family members and how some people have a good cry and are very sad, and some people seem not to cry much at all and can see almost uncaring. The criers don't understand how anyone with a heart would not be crying buckets and say the non criers are unfeeling.

So, are you the type that cries in stress and emergencies and death of a pet and more with the death of a close loved one.

OR

Are you that type that feels it but keeps things together, keeps on going, and doesn't really cry except maybe a little bit if something hits you 'just right".

I'm ore of the not crying type. I keep it together for everyone else.

How about YOU???

When my father died at 36 i was only 11yrs old going on 12. I cried my eyes out and so did everyone else but my Aunt on my Moms side. I hated her for that my whole life because i thought she was a heartless b.itch. I really never spoke to her much before she passed and really had nothing for her. Maybe i was wrong but to me if you care for someone i would think that you would be sad at least. She not only didnt cry she showed no emotion what so ever. My Mom said she had always been a ***** so i didnt feel so bad.
When my Mom passed in 2016 i cried like a baby and still to this day when i think about her my eyes start to water. And i can garanttee you that real men can and do cry. To say that a real man dont cry is a bunch of bullshit.
But i cant speak for everyone and how they are handling death. Thats just me. But i can promise nobody will ever tell me to my face that real men dont cry. If they do it wont end well for them. Maybe i will teach them how to cry when i punch them in their face. :mad:

Last edited:
When my father died at 36 i was only 11yrs old going on 12. I cried my eyes out and so did everyone else but my Aunt on my Moms side. I hated her for that my whole life becasue i thought she was a heartless *****. I really never spoke to her much before she passed and really had nothing for her. Maybe i was wrong but to me if you care for someone i would think that you would be sad at least. She not only didnt cry she showed no emotion what so ever.
When my Mom passed in 2016 i cried like a baby and still to this day when i think about her my eyes start to water. And i can garanttee you that real men can cry. To say that men dont cry is a bunch of bullshit.
But i cant speak for everyone. Thats just me. But i can promise nobody will ever tell me to my face that real men dont cry. If they do it wont end well for them. Maybe i will teach them how to cry. :mad:
I tend to hold it together, cry a little with everyone but really let it out later.

I cried when my last dog died too.
I cried for days when i lost my 1st born Son in 2016 to a car accident. Same year as i lost my Mom to Lung Cancer... 2016 was a bad bad year for me.

Last edited:
I didn’t cry when my mother or my father died. It wasn’t that I wasn’t sad. It was that I knew they were better off than their living situation they had been in. My mother was in a nursing home and had pretty much lost her faculties when she passed. My father was on a respirator and bed-ridden for the last couple of months of life due to COPD. When my last dog passed, I cried on and off for days. When my current boys time is up, I am certain it will be the same.

Once in 9th or 10th grade I cried after beating the crap out of a kid who had picked a fight with me. If it happened again today, I'm sure the same thing would happen. Never learned to control that response - the crying, not the fighting.

I don't cry at funerals, though. Before and after maybe, but not during.

I cry when someone else does and also privately sometimes when my heart is heavy with sadness or despair. I try to hold my tears in public but sometimes they leak out with others that are feeing grief or pain. My pets dying have always brought tears to my eyes and I run away sometimes to shed them alone or with Mr Subbie but I know they are better off because of age or sickness and what a great life we had together keeps me crying only selfish tears for losing my dear fuzzy friend.

I once cried 96 tears

some good tunes out there about crying

Roy Orbison’s Crying is right up there along with Janis Joplin’s Cry Cry Baby

we grew up hearing the 4 Seasons Big Girls Dont Cry , one of my favorite Seasons tunes

Jesus wept.

When my son died I cried a lot. So much wasted potential. We had been in conflict and I had not talked to him in about 4 years. F'N - H. He had been clean for about 2 years and was going to a concert with some friends. They all did their thing before they left for it and he was gone in seconds.

Not one drop when my Ole Man died though. It wasn't that he was a pri ck or anything... I just knew he wouldn't want me to, and I didn't.

I once cried 96 tears
Question Mark lives right here in my home town. Did some amateur roadie work back in the day for him. Got paid in T shirts and marching powder.
He played at the local scooter hippie bar for my 33rd birthday.

Question Mark lives right here in my home town. Did some amateur roadie work back in the day for him. Got paid in T shirts and marching powder.
He played at the local scooter hippie bar for my 33rd birthday.
Love that song. On my Pandora play list.

Once in 9th or 10th grade I cried after beating the crap out of a kid who had picked a fight with me. If it happened again today, I'm sure the same thing would happen. Never learned to control that response - the crying, not the fighting.

I don't cry at funerals, though. Before and after maybe, but not during.
What was the girls name that beat you up 😂

Latest posts

Back