Hermie Buds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2broke2toke

I had a plant that I thought was a lady and turned out to be a hermie after 3 weeks of 12/12. Anyway, I took it outside and left it there (couldn't bring myself to kill it and I was thinking I could get some feminized seeds out of it). Now several weeks later, it appears to have some pretty tasty buds on the main cola, the male parts seem to be growing mainly on the lower part of the plant (although there are some pollen sacks on the cola as well). The buds are now turning red, and I'm thinking about salvaging something out of the plant besides seed. My question is, will the buds be worth harvesting, drying, and curing, or should I just be happy with the fem seeds?

Thanks!

Yeah it depends how seeded those buds are you can smoke em if ya want but by the time you pop out all the seeds there usally aint much bud left or you could make oil out of it.An iam pretty sure that hermies produce mainly hermie seeds an not femz

Smitty is right those seeds are no good they are going to have the hermie gene. You may get all female plants but a majority will go hermie. At least this is what I believe and have read. I have had the same strain for a while now (since I started growing 4 years ago) and have stressed and had weird cycles like none other and never had a male flower. That stuff doesent happen as much anymore now that I have some experience but I have much faith in my strain because when I was a newbie I was rough on them. You may want to hold out till someone more experienced with hermies and feminized seeds to chime in but I do believe that those seeds wont be worth much. sorry

2broke2toke said:
I had a plant that I thought was a lady and turned out to be a hermie after 3 weeks of 12/12. Anyway, I took it outside and left it there (couldn't bring myself to kill it and I was thinking I could get some feminized seeds out of it). Now several weeks later, it appears to have some pretty tasty buds on the main cola, the male parts seem to be growing mainly on the lower part of the plant (although there are some pollen sacks on the cola as well). The buds are now turning red, and I'm thinking about salvaging something out of the plant besides seed. My question is, will the buds be worth harvesting, drying, and curing, or should I just be happy with the fem seeds?

Thanks!

I had the same problem and to be honest i cropped mine this week, 2 weeks early. I tried to pick them off but they got to much so i thought id try and salvage a smoke from it. To my suprise it was actually quite nice for a free smoke. If that gives you a buzz i cant wait for a 100% good grow.
Just dry it out and remove the seeds by hand and i just dryied it and put it through a tea strainer to get all the non leaf bits out. And we got stoned of it so try for yourself mate less haste and no waste
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15338 good luck Paul

Thanks all, guess I'll forget about the fem seeds and harvest the buds I got out of it. I wanted the seeds, paid too much for them originally, and I haven't had much luck cloning yet, but I don't want anymore hermies. Appreciate the input.

2broke2toke said:
Thanks all, guess I'll forget about the fem seeds and harvest the buds I got out of it. I wanted the seeds, paid too much for them originally, and I haven't had much luck cloning yet, but I don't want anymore hermies. Appreciate the input.

all my crop has turned to seed because of a hermi. I would execute him and play it safe. I will in the future.
Still got us stoned though surprisingly, so imagine what the 100% grow is going to be like!!!
Good luck in the future
Paul

Its been outside now for about a month. Caught it in time, my indoor plants all appear to have retained their virginity :) Beautiful cola on the hermie, buds are significantly larger than my ladies indoors due to the natural light, but it is loaded with seed. Can't wait to harvest and see what a preggers hermie tastes like.

to get feminized seeds im sure you have to use the pollen from the male part of the hermie to pollenate a seperate female plant and this will result in the seperate female plant producing seeds with female genes. the seeds produced by the hermie are useless, dont grow them its no good for the cannabis gene pool. Mon the Strawberry Cough, yumyum

Latest posts

Back