Hermies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mslady_1983

Reaction score
It's been like 3 grows already and I'm still harvesting with hermies. I cried my self to sleep. How can I avoid this. Need serious help. Love you guys.

I feel your pain--it is heartbreaking.

Did you clean your entire room and everything in it after the first hermies? Where are you getting your seeds? Are you sure it is 100% dark with absolutely no interruptions during the dark period?

I use nothing but fem seeds, and never had a hermie yet.....knock on wood! Just sayin.

@ hemp goddess. No I haven't cleaned the room. I got seeds from a grow awhile ago. They were regular seeds. How would I go about cleaning the room. As I'm cleaning the room. Might as well clean the whole basement

Water kills pollen. Spray down everything to clean any stray pollen you might have.

Throw the seeds you have been using away and order some seeds from a reputable breeder. It appears that the seeds you have have hermie tendencies, just get rid of them.

Water doesn't kill pollen.
Bleach kills pollen.

No, water doesn't kill pollen. It stops it from floating through the air.
We used water sprayed pollen and produced a bunch of seeds.

No, it's true water kills pollen, but I do add a capful of bleach per gallon when cleaning my room.

Do you really think a species of plant could survive in nature if water killed its pollen?
Don't be so naive.

So, only bleach water? It's hard to believe that ammonia, alcohol, peroxide, vinegar or salt concentrates would allow pollen to be useful.

I use chlorox wipes that you can buy from the grocery store whenever I wipe down my tents. They work quite well :)

Well I know rain plays hell on my Cucumbers. I have to hand pollinate when it rains alot. I am in agreement that Bleach or Alcohol should be used to clean a Flower Room.

I'm not here to argue with anyone, but simply research it on the web, everywhere it says water kills pollen, but again I'm not here to argue, do what you see fit!

And in Columbus' day everyone believed the world was flat. im just saying. its a real easy theory to test out.

^^^^do what you want, just know that you're the minority. A plant in nature is pollinated within minutes of the pollen being released, by the time it rains the magic has already happened. But I'm not here to preach, as I've said before do u and ill do me.

I know people believe what they want. I actually test out my facts before I state them.
Twenty five years growing bud and I can tell you that removing fans gives bigger yields but I am most likely in the minority there too.
Like my sig says....

Latest posts

Back