High Times’s 2nd U.S. Cannabis Cup Will Smoke Out Seattle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7greeneyes

MedicalNLovingIt!
Reaction score
EDIT: I'll be going either solo or with a friend. Mrs Greeneyes is still coping with her embolism but she likes for me to get out as much as possible even if she can't be there. PM me for details.

url: hMPp://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetruth/2013/07/12/high-timess-2nd-u-s-cannabis-cup-will-smoke-out-seattle/

High Times’s 2nd U.S. Cannabis Cup Will Smoke Out Seattle

HIGH TIMES magazine’s second U.S. Cannabis Cup will be held in Seattle Sept. 7-8, organizers announced July 3. The two-day cannabis expo will feature cultivation seminars, activism sessions with HIGH TIMES editors, leaders of the marijuana movement, major cannabis celebrities, and, of course, a big contest to determine the best pot.

The event will go down September 7-8, 2013 at Fremont Studio (155 N 35th Street Seattle, WA) and will be limited to those 18 or older. You will have to be at least 21 years old to consume marijuana at the Cup. (Presumably, medical users under 21 will be allowed.) Early bird passes are $40.

In November, Colorado and Washington voters legalized cannabis for adult use. In April, 39 year-old High Times magazine brought its 26 year-old pot competition – usually held in Amsterdam – to Denver for the first-ever U.S. Cannabis Cup — which usually involves a Saturday night concert and Cannabis Cup Awards show Sunday. (High Times also continues to conduct Medical Cannabis Cups in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Detroit.)

In the past, the law compelled High Times to limit their “medication” areas to state-sanctioned medical marijuana patients, but this April in Denver, all adults could sample the state’s finest cannabis products. Now it’s the Emerald City’s turn.

“We can’t wait to sample the nugs of the Great Northwest once again,” organizers write.

According to High Times, adults 21 and older will be able to smoke at the event, because it’s a private facility to use or medicate, which is in compliance with new Washington law. But while possession of up to an ounce of marijuana is now legal in Washington for adults ages 21+, it is still illegal to purchase marijuana, so don’t expect to go weed shopping.

No weapons or alcohol will be allowed in, though paraphernalia, cameras, and your own stash (provided it’s within the legal limit) are OK.

i remember the cup in the melkweg in amsterdam
i stop going beacause it got too big and the crowds

Latest posts

Back