Holy Crap! Help!!! Mold!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EsC420PoT

Hydro Indoor Grower
Reaction score
Ok guys, so it's about 1-1 1/2 to 2 weeks into flowering, and last night I noticed what i believe to be, powdery mold. It looked like a lil bit of baby powerder poured on the top of the leaves, when i blew on one, all the powder blew off... I'm super worried because if i can't fix this and make these babies recover, i'm going to lose a lot of money in pg&e wise if i Hve to end up killing em and starting over, just can't afford it... Already dumped 400 into pg&e, can start over without somewhat of a payoff to reinvest into the grow ya know what i mean? Ne ways, WHAT CAN I DO!??! I believe this was caused from to much humidity, and not enough fans. I have 3 little fans aerating around the room, but now the plants are so thick and huge, I don;t think these fans are cutting it anymore, I will need to get 2 more strong ones, which I will be doing tonight. But, my main question is, once this happeneds, is it possible to get rid of it? Or am i **** outa luck and have to kill and start over? And if I can recover, please! Let me know what i can do. Also, should i be adding like a dab of hydrogen peroxide or something in the reservoir to help killed infection?? Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.

Info:
5x5 room, 1k watt HPS, temps are no higher than 86 no lower than 73. humidity, i believe is 60% but honestly havnt checked in about a week... not sure why I didn't check that last night... was so tired, must have slipped my mind.. I got them in a hydro drip system.

Sorry to hear of yur troubles pilgrem its sad to hear. Some smart pilgrem here might be able to help pull yual through but in me past experience mold = garbage but wait til some real smart folk pipe up cause they do swim these waters ;) See ifin one take bite and yual land happy. Hope yual do friend.

Oh and yes get more air movin and drop yur humidity during flower reckon fur sure!

BWD

Ive never been able to "Blow off" the powder mold...have you done anything in the past that would put this on them?...I know when I add DE to my soil I sometimes get some on the leafs...could you throw a picture up for us?...seem fast for PM in only week 2 flower...go get yaself some "Green cure" its a spray for PM...I get mine from hydro store

take care and be safe

EsC420PoT said:
Ok guys, so it's about 1-1 1/2 to 2 weeks into flowering, and last night I noticed what i believe to be, powdery mold. It looked like a lil bit of baby powerder poured on the top of the leaves, when i blew on one, all the powder blew off... I'm super worried because if i can't fix this and make these babies recover, i'm going to lose a lot of money in pg&e wise if i Hve to end up killing em and starting over, just can't afford it... Already dumped 400 into pg&e, can start over without somewhat of a payoff to reinvest into the grow ya know what i mean? Ne ways, WHAT CAN I DO!??! I believe this was caused from to much humidity, and not enough fans. I have 3 little fans aerating around the room, but now the plants are so thick and huge, I don;t think these fans are cutting it anymore, I will need to get 2 more strong ones, which I will be doing tonight. But, my main question is, once this happeneds, is it possible to get rid of it? Or am i **** outa luck and have to kill and start over? And if I can recover, please! Let me know what i can do. Also, should i be adding like a dab of hydrogen peroxide or something in the reservoir to help killed infection?? Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.

Info:
5x5 room, 1k watt HPS, temps are no higher than 86 no lower than 73. humidity, i believe is 60% but honestly havnt checked in about a week... not sure why I didn't check that last night... was so tired, must have slipped my mind.. I got them in a hydro drip system.

You are talking about two different things.. there is PM (powdery mildew) and then there is straight bud mold..

PM appears in the lower leaves first as light circles of white.. This is a pain but not a disaster on the same level as straight mold by any means..Green Cure, as suggested is, IME, something that is required NIGHTLY, to beat back the PM..When I used it, it was pretty effective at keeping the PM away, but I had to spray affected leaves and plants EVERY NIGHT.. It's like a constant battle..but one that you can win..

bud mold is a different story and something that isn't as visible as PM right away.. There is no cure for nud mold.. once you got it, the buds are unusable.. That doesn't sound like what you have, but if it was, you would notice twisted wierd leaves on each bud and when you break open the bud, it's black or brown fuzzy mush.. I don't think that is what you are dealing with... YET!!!

If your ventilation isn't good and you already have PM, I would almost guarantee you will graduate to mold when your buds get denser.. UNLESS...

you beef up your ventilaiton.. I mean air exchange in and out of the room as well as room fans blowing the crap out of your buds.. Good airflow will keep mold away.. That's the best prevention, IME..

from the sound of it, you are not screwed.. just get that air flow issue resolved and get some Green Cure to start nightly applications as needed or the mold will rear it's ugly head.. then you will not be happy..

good luck

Omg so glad to hear, thanks so much guys! Yes from now reading around more, I'm sure its not mold, but it def. seems like powdery mildew. I will for sure beef up the ventilation. But im curious, its on all the top leaves over the bottom leaves? Where from what you guys have said, the PM starts at the lower leaves?? Not sure but it seems to be on top and bottom. and seriously looked more so like dust on top of the leaves, no circles or anything like that but looks as if someone just had a hand full of dust and blew it, and it all springled on the top leaves... best way I could describe it. but, I will for sure get some pics to show exactly what im tlaking about sometime tonight. Thanks guys. I'll keep you updated soon, I must tackle this prob before it gets into a bigger one!

fix ur room temps & humidity!!! pay attention daily on the grow. its a full time job!
best of luck

Ok guys here is what one of the leaves looks like. The humidity is at 34 % temps are no lower than 64 at the moment, and no higher than 83. I have adequate intake and exhausting air flow, I just need to add stronger osculating fans in the room because I notice that not all the foliage is being moved by the fans.. Which is why I believe this started happening. But, what exactly is this on my leaves? And what spray is the best to use on this to fix this problem without causing any more problems to the 2 week old buds that have sprouted up?? Any help greatly appreciated thanks.

1.jpg

you have an imbalance in your soil ph---mold does not grow in an acidic soil even in high humidity---the fans are just blowing mold spores around the room right now----until you change the ph in the soil you will continue to fight a losing battle with whatever you spray while the soil remains alkaline---best of luck

Um... I'm hydro bro... And the p.h. Is always at 5.5-5.8... Thanks anyways tho. Can I get anyOne to confirm what this is Plz?

orangesunshine said:
you have an imbalance in your soil ph---mold does not grow in an acidic soil even in high humidity---the fans are just blowing mold spores around the room right now----until you change the ph in the soil you will continue to fight a losing battle with whatever you spray while the soil remains alkaline---best of luck

that is not mold.. it is a perfect example of PM.. the powder isn't in circles, but that's PM..

Nightly applications of Green Cure to affected leaves will give you a pretty good fighting chance.. but you have to get in there and do battle every night.
Be careful not to spray in or on the buds too much, just the leaves as that might create mold later on..

Sorry for the delay, I got some spray recommended by alot of you guys. Since then I have been spraying once every 3 days. It apparently is able to be used while flowering without damaging anything? Regardless, I have been using this the past couple weeks, and although it seems to slow it down, I still see powerey white crap on alot of the leave after a couple of days... I am really worried as I only have about 3 weeks- a month left of flowering.. I fear that it is already to late.. The buds and everything look awesome and smell great! But, i still see this white powder.. It baffles me because I know its not the airflow anymore, I have 6 large fans oscilating at all corners even the roof, I have maximum airflow from the exhaust and intake, (exhaust 400cfm) (Intake 175 cfm) and temps and humidity have been nothing more than perfect! temps no lower than 64 F and no higher than 76 F. The humidity fluxuates between 34% and 44% but not higher or lower than that. As for the p.h. Im constantly checking and chaging to make sure it stays between 5.8-6.2 WHat am I doing wrong?? I will take more recent pictures in the next 2-3 days and post for you ll to see. Any more constrictive criticism is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Latest posts

Back