How Does Cannabis Help you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I smoke because I am stressed all the time. My life is so chaotic and I have so much to cram into one day that after 12 - 15 hours of trying to cram 25 hours into a 24 hour day I just can't take it any more. It helps me forget about the monotony of my life and what waits for me tomorrow. It helps keep depression away and it allows me to do something I haven't been able to do in a while, laugh.

put it this way, with out it i couldnt live.

pussum, imagine being paralyzed and not being able to do half what a "normal" person can do....

there are ppl here who are handicapped and i hand it to them in my prayers every night- it could alwasy be worse!

i agree with you toa but depression and other mental illnesses are also crippling and can be just as bad and worse than the loss of limbs. just hope everyone understands mental ilness is serious, just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there :)

I smoke mostly to keep my head stable.
Cannabis only helps pain a small amount for me.

guess I must smoke too much....

When I am not smoking, I tend to internalize everything, and my upper back and shoulders are always riddled with stress. It's funny, a few minutes after I smoke I feel all that tension just disappear. I am able to fully relax. I am not as uptight.

I know about depression/anxiety all too well, and I was medicated for that for years. In Jan I stopped, and I feel sooo much better now. I think the meds were surpressing me and my emotions. Now that I've been med-free, I am full of all sorts of feelings and it is AWESOME!

I thought the anxiety was trying to creep in again when I was sick and unable to get to the gym for a week. But a few hits from my pipe would always help and things would all be right again.

I now realize that not only is MJ key to my well-being, I have to pair it with exercise as well.

Who woulda thought that I'd actually become healthier???

:D

-------

On a side note, I feel for all the insomniacs here. I actually have a condition called obstructive sleep apnea, so my butts asleep almost as soon as my head hits the pillow. But I wake soo many times during the course of a night, that I never fully get a good 8 hrs rest. Luckily I am unaware when I wake cuz I don't come to full arousel, and I'll just be a bit groggy the next day. :p

trillions of atoms said:
put it this way, with out it i couldnt live.

pussum, imagine being paralyzed and not being able to do half what a "normal" person can do....

there are ppl here who are handicapped and i hand it to them in my prayers every night- it could alwasy be worse!

You are right, it can always be worse. This plant is a gift and in a lot of ways it is what helps us to make it another day. I am not saying life is harder for some than others, but it does take its toll on us in different ways. I feel very blessed that I have it as good as I do and that I am surrounded with the people I love, but sometimes you forget who you are and what you have going for you with the hussle and bustle of day to day activities. Marijuana helps keep us grounded and allows us the chance to sit back and realize it isn't so bad out there.

Damn, I smoke it because I like getting high. Its become more of a normal thing, so everything I do while I'm high I believe I do in a better manner.
I just get along with people better, I like thinking while I'm high, and when I am, everything seems to make sense, because I can dissect it in my head.
It pretty much just makes everything better.

I like to smoke, because it offers a safe/comfortable way for me to change a monotonous life and switch things up ;) I enjoy being sober/clean as much as I like being high, so I try to find a happy medium.

However, I started smoking because of chronic tinnitus (where that ringing in your ears never goes away), when I'm high, I don't notice the ringing and I sleep like a baby!

-Cheers

Latest posts

Back