How I did it!~~Cannabis History Breeding JC bx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be happy to but this is not how the industry works. As I have said many times the dominant state of Cannabis is hermephoditism and huge portion of Breeding moms used by all breeders will produce stress herms.

To me its much more important how the siblings perform than how the mother plant acts. Many older female mothers are just itching to produce and its natures way of doing things IMO.
Some of the oldest and most well known crosses use a female plant that could feed a troop of monkeys with the nanas they will produce naturally.

To stress a plant you basically do all the things youve been taught not to. Random Lighting cycles, Nutrient stress, Heat stress, Drought Stress and a host of other torture methods.

Treat the plants like you hate em basically

Sub

Ok I think I understand. But if they hermi, then you use them anyway? Or do you not bother with stressing them? Is there some other factors to knowing about breeding than to breed true breeding plants? I mean, if the plants are always in a state of potential hermi's, then how is it possible to know which plants to breed with?

Yes that is correct because there are so many factors.
The way you find out is by testing the sibling hybrids.

JTR is a perfect example as the JC f1 clone is some 15 years old and will easily make monkey food with even the slightest stress.
Of all the threads I review of our strains JTR is held above others by growers and not only never give her up but as a english cat did replace rooms of existing cuts with JTR clones from seed.
I did not fully understand it all back then but I knew JC and Space Queen were amazing plants so I crossed them and the rest is history. JTR has a very low occurrence of herms and I am not sure I have ever had to replace a pack over that complaint in 6 years of the strains history.

On the other hand a few years back we worked with a Domina female that was a solid female and we ended up tossing some 5000 seeds in a McD's drive through garden in Harborne.

The answer for us has been test, test, test and see how a line performs.

As far as how to know what plants to try I call it an Eye for Dank.

Sub

Am I the only one who get's nervous seeing a fully mature male?:D

Awesome pics sub, keep it up.

Also real cool reading about you stressing your plants. I'm trying LST for the first time and it's working great.

Ok. When you say" The way you find out is by testing the sibling hybrids." Do you mean just growing them out...or stressing them under all conditions, in order to find the strongest genetic choices? Do you use SPC ( stastistical process control) and take a percentage of random seeds and grow them out to completion. If you do, how many do you grow out? I'm sorry if I am asking too many questions. I just thought since you are here and I had a chance to pick your brain for awhile, that I would do just that, ha, ha...lol.

We generally test a strain for about a year and yes I mean grow out the sibling crosses. Because of the following I have world wide I am lucky in the fact I can have the entire world test for me. If it wasn't against the rules Id have already done a MP TGA testers thread. So we use a pool of about 20 medical growers as well as donating thousands of seeds to local medical clubs. This allows me to collect much more information than I could by myself. It also allows us to see the hybrids run by all levels of skill and numerous types of environments and mediums.

This was we see the plants perform under both ideal conditions and some of the worst possible.

Sub

WoW!!...
As I have said many times the dominant state of Cannabis is hermephoditism and huge portion of Breeding moms used by all breeders will produce stress herms.
the "dominate state of "hemp" is hermaphrodism, but "drug quality" cannabis"
should not.. IMO,
huge portion of Breeding moms used by all breeders will produce stress herms.
:eek:..
"WHAT" breeders, "breeding Mothers" would you be referring to ? (Please don't tell me all of the 'femminised" seeds mothers) :p
I've been out of the game, 'not' keeping up with the times, I guess. ;)
I'm not a "breeder".. I'm not a geneticist... :p.. but I've never heard of using hermies in further improving "drug quality" pot linage.
In my "past" research, and experiences ;) It was preached, "Hermies procreate hermies"
and hermaphrodism was not a 'desirable' trait.
Boy how things change ehh.. :eek:

What is written in the books and what takes place in real life are not always the same. All of the Chem crosses, California Orange, Almost every Blueberry I have seen taken to maturity, ECSD, Trainwreck, Romulan I am kinda blazed right now on some Killer Queen bubble but I can name those off the top of my head that all make monkey food.

And yes many breeders that are a huge success simply make fem seeds from late term mothers that toss male stamens. Don't forget I lived in Amsterdam and worked for Gypsy and my eyes were open the entire time :)

Here is something for you to think about. I am a very experienced grower having been full time for over 8 years and before that under ground cash cropping for another 18 and I can not track more than about 50 seeds at one time. How many do you think you could work with and actually do a really great job of going through every female finding the best one?
I do not think that number would be 1000 if you were honest so who is doing this cause I know everyone that makes seeds pretty much and what I saw was mostly posers buying one white widow clone and crossing it with every female in there grow room.

I have a few breeding threads to put up this week and I will detail and show what a working selection project looks like.

If you didn't catch this in the text this JC BX cross did NOT meet my requirements as a keeper strain and was discontinued.

So what you are basicly saying Subcool is that todays "breeders" are just pollen chucker.

Absolutely not there are many people doing it correctly just not the majority of people. I was pointing out that the crosses I mentioned are used in many of todays strains.
But just because a pack of seeds cost 300$ it dosn't mean it was made by someone who knows what they were doing or even someone who cares.
I am one who is not offended by the title as I have chucked quite a bit of pollen in my life.
In fact I fill a 6x8 room with clouds of the stuff every 60 days..

I have also been lucky enough to create some pretty amazing gear by applying what I learned.

Sub

So after I dealt with my troubles with the law I resettled out west and got my medical permit and it was then I was able to grow out the resulting cross we called JC BX. I now know as we discussed that selecting a male is much harder than just popping some seeds you made and using the one that looks happy. None the less the results didn't suck I just realized I needed to get the Blueberry out of the mix.

Regardless the cross produced some towering colas of lemon ganja.

almost.jpg

almostS5 (Small).jpg

almostS4 (Small).jpg

sun2rs.jpg

sun4rs.jpg

almost11.jpg

almost22.jpg

almost33.jpg

sunnyrsjpg.jpg

sun3rs.jpg

Hey Sub I went over to breedbay and read all of your threads. Actually I've been there for a long time under a different name. And it took me months. I've grown out some of your beans. But since we are on the topic in this thread, I thought I would ask some more questions...if you don't mind.

TGA is a co op of sorts. Its an affiliation of growers. You/they develop a strain, a genetic recipe of sorts. Then someone else, in another country where it is not illegal, makes the seeds, uses the genetic recipe ( with seeds or clones or whatever is necessary to create the seeds) and then they are sold in a country where the sale of cannabis seeds is legal. Is this correct?
How do you maintain quality control over the end result?

Did not mean to over step any boundaries. But I think there is a misconception here that you and ONLY you are the 1 who pollinates and creates seeds. That when folks buy Subcool seeds, the seeds themselves were not actually made by subcool, but rather someone else, somewhere else. :holysheep::eek::hubba:

With as many pollination pictures as I have posted youd think that misconception would be straightened out :)

It's to noisy a question to ask if you made your own crosses? Just because you post a pic or 2 of pollenation does not mean you produce all the seeds sold under your name. So basicly TGA/Subcool seeds are a product that the seeds could have been breed by anyone that has follow your all reciepe.

Latest posts

Back