How many plants can you grow with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always used 600w
but I would say, sufficiently you could grow 4 - 6, you could grow 8 but I wouldn't because of the confined space of lighting.

I could fit 100 or so. I like to flower rooted clones and each one only needs 3" or so on each side of it. The sky is the limit...

DLtoker said:
I could fit 100 or so. I like to flower rooted clones and each one only needs 3" or so on each side of it. The sky is the limit...

100? no way. if you're talking about growing from mid vegitation stage to ending, you absolutly couldn't grow 100 plants under a 400w light.
after they pop out of the ground/clone you don't need anything but florecents.
if your finishing lighting will be a 400w, I'd go with 4-8, anymore than that durring flowing, I would think, would make the outter most plants lack in their yields.

clever_intuition said:
How many plants can you grow with a 400 watt HPS/MH light system?:cool:

Number of plants could be about anything like DLtoker said, the real question is how big a grow room can you do with 400 watts.

400 watt HPS = 50,000 lumens
400 watt MH = 35,000 lumens

You need min 3000 - 5000 lumens per square foot of growing space.

chokingvictim said:
100? no way. if you're talking about growing from mid vegitation stage to ending, you absolutly couldn't grow 100 plants under a 400w light. after they pop out of the ground/clone you don't need anything but florecents.

If lowryders or very small center cola plants were used, 100 could easily be fit under a 400 watt HPS. It would be tight, but by no means are you correct in saying that it absolutely can't be done.

You're also incorrect in saying that only florescent lighting is needed after the seedlings have sprouted. Florescent lighting can suffice, but it won't provide the best lighting possible. High output lights "smoke" flos in almost every way.

You can "make do" with flos if you're not able to buy better lighting, but flos are the second, not the first choice.

I grow to 18 inches tall with full plants that have been topped when I start flowering. With that in mind, 1 to 4 plants is the max I would put under a 400w light.

Just wanted to drop THIS PICTURE in here for everyone to see. This is a living organics soil bed with the dimensions of about 20"x15"x5". I believe there were just over 22 plants in there. And this is a pick from the same soil bed...

^^So you just flower clones mainly?Do you flower immediately or allow some vegging time?

As soon as they have a decent set of roots they are tossed into flower whether it be in soil or hydro, both fair the same.

Latest posts

Back