how r fem. seeds made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edward

Reaction score
are fem seeds just seeds made by letting a plant go past its time and seeding its self out are they just hermie does any body know how they are made i herd some stuff about gibberalic acid that would turn part of a plant male

TRUE feminized seeds are done under under very controlled situations....

It is not a matter of just using Gibb acid or self inducing........

I will be honest...... With EVERY story I see I am NOT trusting the femming process...... I am NOT saying that there is no way thatthis is safe... HOWEVER..... Lets face it, people are greedy..... IS the femming process promoting hemrophradite trait that we DO NOT want??????

q

I am NOT saying that nall that is done in this field is right........

Found this. hxxp://www.feminized-seeds.net/

Feminized seeds The growth of a male or female plant from seed, except for the predisposition in the gender chromosomes, also depends on various environmental factors. The environmental factors that influence gender are:
  • a higher nitrogen concentration will give more females.
  • a higher potassium concentration will give more males.
  • a higher humidity will give more females.
  • a lower temperature will give more females.
  • more blue light will give more females.
  • Fewer hours of light will give more females.
It is important to start these changes at the three-pairs-of-leaves stage and continue for two or three weeks, before reverting to standard conditions.
To produce feminized seeds, breeders start with selected female clones. Under standard conditions these female clones do not produce any male flowers. The pollen thus produced is used for the production of "feminized" seeds.

Couple of threads in this section that go into great detail on how they are made. ;)
search for "feminized" in this section don't search whole site.

Hi Edward there are a few ways to make female seeds Im new here
so have not got as far as posting my last project as yet.
here is a pic of a true female clone I reversed with sts to produce
female seeds, its Happybrother from Karma genetics a pure indica
only available as clone.

wierd.jpg

split.jpg

CowboyBudsky said:
Found this. hxxp://www.feminized-seeds.net/

Feminized seeds The growth of a male or female plant from seed, except for the predisposition in the gender chromosomes, also depends on various environmental factors. The environmental factors that influence gender are:
  • a higher nitrogen concentration will give more females.
  • a higher potassium concentration will give more males.
  • a higher humidity will give more females.
  • a lower temperature will give more females.
  • more blue light will give more females.
  • Fewer hours of light will give more females.
It is important to start these changes at the three-pairs-of-leaves stage and continue for two or three weeks, before reverting to standard conditions.
To produce feminized seeds, breeders start with selected female clones. Under standard conditions these female clones do not produce any male flowers. The pollen thus produced is used for the production of "feminized" seeds.

Cowboy, if you got this from Dutch Passion's website erase it from your mind. They do not breed fem seeds at DP, they breed hermies. DP is a joke.

BuddyLuv said:
Cowboy, if you got this from Dutch Passion's website erase it from your mind. They do not breed fem seeds at DP, they breed hermies. DP is a joke.

I found it for the guy above. Dont have a clue myself Bro. Ill take my chances the ole fasion way.;)

oldsmoker said:
Hi Edward there are a few ways to make female seeds Im new here
so have not got as far as posting my last project as yet.
here is a pic of a true female clone I reversed with sts to produce
female seeds, its Happybrother from Karma genetics a pure indica
only available as clone.
well it "sounds" like you may well know what you're doing..;)(noticed your intro stated you have years of experience :))..couple of questions..
"Happy brother" ??? never heard of the strain, nor the breeder "Karma Genetics".. "clone only" often means (to me) simply a possibly exceptional phenotype of some hybrid or unstable cross/strain.
"true female clone"... I assume by this that you tested it?.. stressed it to see if it would hermie ??
one more.. Upon reversal, you applied the pollen to another tested/proven "true female" clone from the same donor?

Now my question would be, if the clones are from an "unstable" cross/genetics, will the offspring follow only the characteristics of the donor?..or is it going to reveal, exhibit characteristics of the P1's, or possibly even recessive or co-dominate traits of previous genetcs?..

Happy Brother Karma Genetics Cup Nr.6 [2008] 8. Platz Indica Category

hXXp://de.seedfinder.eu/Gewinner_des_IC_420_Growers_Cup.html

Never heard of it myself.

:peace:

Hick said:
well it "sounds" like you may well know what you're doing..;)..
:D Dont start assuming Im an expert Hick, this is the first time Ive tried this.
Karma genetics is an new company started by a grower formerly known
as Dutch flower of Overgrow.
this is what he says about this strain

The Happy Brother

When I was working in a coffeeshop in 1996 we used to get some weed called Happy Brother
It was the strongest herb I smoked in those years. As I was also growing at that time I really wanted to grow this oh so tasty herb myself. So I asked that supplier if I could get some seeds from it. He told me he got the herb from an old Rasta man in Amsterdam. The brother of this Rasta grew this herb for his brother because he was paralyzed, the original grower said he made it but I don’t think so because he did not have any seeds. Then it went silent and I didn’t see this supplier for almost 2 years. In 1998 he came walking in with a new supplier of the Happy Brother and he brought me 3 clones’ that really looked like ****. The first grow I did with it was so special to see a plant produce my most favourite smoke. And up to this day it still is my most favourite smoke.

anyhow I have Karma's permission to to make some s1 seeds some
of which I will send to him for testing.
he told me he has tried to stress Hb to see if it would hermie but had
no success in doing so.
the clone has been around for over 13 years so I guess its a girl ;)

Hick said:
Now my question would be, if the clones are from an "unstable" cross/genetics, will the offspring follow only the characteristics of the donor?..or is it going to reveal, exhibit characteristics of the P1's, or possibly even recessive or co-dominate traits of previous genetcs?..
that remains to be seen :smoke1:

thanks.. still sounds like you know what you're up to..;)

"Dutch Flower"...wasn't that the breeder that used to only occasionally release a few beans on the auction? They ALWAYS brought exceptionally high prices. I'm trying to remember a strain, but but but.. you know what pot does to memory..:rofl:
:confused2:

yes Hick thats the one, hb is the flagship of his current breeding project

They have some beans available on seedboutique from karma. But I have yet to see any mention of hb yet.

I disagree with this. DP is an established company, one of the best and most renowned. They breed stable genetics, quality, stable & uniform strains.

I would much prefer natural, non-feminized seeds and pull / separate the males the old fashioned way. Who knows what kind of cancer-causing-GMO fighting against the natural therapeutic qualities of marijuana you are getting when you purchase feminized seeds?

DP is considered "The Guv'nor" when it comes to Amsterdam seed companies.

BuddyLuv said:

Latest posts

Back