How stable is she?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EpicEndo

Reaction score
Hello again everyone- I've been talking to a few of my fellow gardeners:48: , and the autoflower genetics are my love. quick- less yield, short- compact, still get's you ultra-lifted.
anyway, i digress.. The Dr. just came out with new Diesel Ryder - (i will add characteristics at the end of this post). I'm trying to figure out how stabilized she really is. I've heard that all crosses w/ Lowryder are still too young to rely on, but the dr. states she is stable.. i think he knows:smoke1:. let me know what you think.

[Genetics: New York City Diesel x Lowryder #2 Variety: sativa/indica/ruderalis Type: stabilized hybrid Harvest Date: 9 weeks from seed Flowering Period: 6+ weeks THC Content: 17-19% A potent, extremely resinous and tasty autoflowering plant. An inbred cross of Soma's Diesel and Lowryder #2, this strain normally produces one main cola with less branching than LR #1 or #2. Typical of the Joint Doctor's strains, Diesel Ryder flowers automatically at 3-4 weeks and finishes in 8-9 from seed. A small proportion of this strain will grow significantly taller than other individuals. A good choice for closets and small indoor set-ups. Beware: plants give off a powerful odour during flowering]

Im a L/R2 grower and the Diesel caught my eye, so I bought some, I wet 3 and all 3 germed, 1 is growing fast and well, 1 keeps curling down on itself and keeps trying to bury its leaves, twice ive lifted it and put the leaves to the sun and yet it still turns down to the soil (when the seedling is lifted it is curled over itself in a spiral shape) 1 is perfectly formed but tiny, I guess its new genetics and they may not be stable yet.

From what HiE says I would say it's not stable. IMO they have to be having superquick breeding sessions to be stable already...it could take years. I also think that the autoflower thing is the new have to market stuff...no offense to anyone but a lot of people grow LR (which I still don't get) and it's very popular so why not market it as stable. But what do I know, and as you can tell I am biased...at least I being honest about it. But I do not understand why LR is so popular, why would anyone want it over straight diesel? I am just baffled by the LR crosses. But hey to each their own, I smoked some a while back and was not impressed but I'm sure with some diesel crossed in it's gotta be stronger. Oh well maybe someday one of you guys can convince me to try it but for now I just don't get it.

snuggles said:
From what HiE says I would say it's not stable. IMO they have to be having superquick breeding sessions to be stable already...it could take years. I also think that the autoflower thing is the new have to market stuff...no offense to anyone but a lot of people grow LR (which I still don't get) and it's very popular so why not market it as stable. But what do I know, and as you can tell I am biased...at least I being honest about it. But I do not understand why LR is so popular, why would anyone want it over straight diesel? I am just baffled by the LR crosses. But hey to each their own, I smoked some a while back and was not impressed but I'm sure with some diesel crossed in it's gotta be stronger. Oh well maybe someday one of you guys can convince me to try it but for now I just don't get it.

Hi Snuggles

L/R2 are great if you have little grow space, they also hide well in the garden, they produce an ounce of smoke in 9-10 weeks, they are easy to grow, they have low odour, its a perfect starter plant to introduce growers to the art of growing MJ, they are great for mini harvests while you waiting for the big girls to mature and they get you high!

nuff said

HippyInEngland said:
Hi Snuggles

L/R2 are great if you have little grow space, they also hide well in the garden, they produce an ounce of smoke in 9-10 weeks, they are easy to grow, they have low odour, its a perfect starter plant to introduce growers to the art of growing MJ, they are great for mini harvests while you waiting for the big girls to mature and they get you high!

nuff said
My Lrx2's yielded me 1oz&1/2 to 2 oz every time. one of the four gave me 7 grams shy of 3oz!
Snuggles, man you've got to try my LR's and LRx2's!:D No one is making the effort to grow LR to there full potential because they already have another strain they love and are putting all there hard work into those strains. I started with LR and found my queen, when I got LRx2! The quality is all in how you grow it. I do more stuff with my soil and nutes than the growers I know, One grower who's harvested his Nebula a (2006 Cannibis Cup winner) This person sells that and saves my LRx2 buds for himself! He's an ol' head so he knows what he's talking about! If you need more convincing. It's all in the grower and how they grow and their conditions. I know someone right know, who would probably think LR's suck if you look at the results he's having from his grow, but at the same time we're growing the exact same seeds from same mother and all and all mine are thriving. His are dying. He knows their potential though, so he doesn't give up on this wonderful AF strain LR!
I personnaly think it's the Non-AF growers hatin' on us AF growers because how quick we can produce buds. We're all after the same thing but no, these ol' heads think they know everything.
Step aside ol folks, don't you know u can't teach an ol' dog new tricks!lol

I dont wanna get anyone mad here... but PLEASE do not cross those heh..Autoflowering is Ummm well... Not for me... I like having my Mother plant and replicating her time after time after time....

They are easy to grow and not a bad plant... but PLEASE dont mix the genes.

Richy-B said:
My Lrx2's yielded me 1oz&1/2 to 2 oz every time. one of the four gave me 7 grams shy of 3oz!
Snuggles, man you've got to try my LR's and LRx2's!:D No one is making the effort to grow LR to there full potential because they already have another strain they love and are putting all there hard work into those strains. I started with LR and found my queen, when I got LRx2! The quality is all in how you grow it. I do more stuff with my soil and nutes than the growers I know, One grower who's harvested his Nebula a (2006 Cannibis Cup winner) This person sells that and saves my LRx2 buds for himself! He's an ol' head so he knows what he's talking about! If you need more convincing. It's all in the grower and how they grow and their conditions. I know someone right know, who would probably think LR's suck if you look at the results he's having from his grow, but at the same time we're growing the exact same seeds from same mother and all and all mine are thriving. His are dying. He knows their potential though, so he doesn't give up on this wonderful AF strain LR!
I personnaly think it's the Non-AF growers hatin' on us AF growers because how quick we can produce buds. We're all after the same thing but no, these ol' heads think they know everything.
Step aside ol folks, don't you know u can't teach an ol' dog new tricks!lol
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=274043&postcount=63
...;)

I alway run my chosen plants thru a series of stressful events to determine if She'll hermie. Regeneration, temperature changes, light changes and even nute variations. If I cant get Her to hermie, then and only then will I keep a strain for breeding. Also, I try to isolate phenos that continue to replicate their desired characteristics, ie., buzz type/strength, taste, growth characteristics, yield, etc. I like to stick with what I have found to work for Me :farm:

Perhaps I am oldschool, I like landrace sativas. ;) I have grown indicas occasionally too. I have never tried ruderalis strains, I may someday. As such, I am convinced that the AF strains happen to fit the micro grow niche very well indeed. If LR works for you, I'm glad :D

Different strokes for different Folks, eh :hubba: Currently, I like to grow 1 plant at a time and get enuf stash from Her to last until the next harvest. Sometimes I like to do a SOG with a quicker strain, and not regenerate or LST. I even do a vertical scrog kinda thing with stretchy sativas. One of these days I'll probably try these little ruderalis plants too :watchplant:

I have got 3 dieselryders going now. 1 Is full of seeds from a male I stuck her with and the other 2 are doing good. I have not had any problems with them so far. They are a little ovet a month old and the trichs are insane on them. I don't know what happen to hie but none of mine tunrned to the ground when they sprouted. I will take pictures and put them in the gallery. I would put them in this blog but for some dumb reason it tells me I have to resize them each time..

Hum, i got turned on to some "auto flower" seeds. they were the auto flower then crossed with bubble gum. So...i was warned they may auto flower. As i understand it, they may carry the auto flower trait...why would anyone say dont breed them? is it that they are unstable and may produce some kind of odd plant?

CasualGrower said:
I dont wanna get anyone mad here... but PLEASE do not cross those heh..Autoflowering is Ummm well... Not for me... I like having my Mother plant and replicating her time after time after time....

They are easy to grow and not a bad plant... but PLEASE dont mix the genes.
Totally understand you. I don't and won't crossbreed AF's. I use the ones in existance. I don't wanna see these big beautiful strains's genes tampered with. That's the ignorant ones, who don't realize what harm they can do if they start trying to cross AF with everything in the book, that's when we'll have a big problem. So it's in our hands and responsibility to spread the word to these new growers about the damaging effects cross-breeding AF will do to the strain gene pool with MJ! I'm not tryin' to start a fight either, I just want the Truth to be heard about AF's! Not Gossip! How many people have talked bad about AF's without ever have grown any? So, what gives you a right to judge, what's a good strain and whats not a good strain! Everybody grows a different way than everybody else. Everybody grows what they want to grow. I never say my buds are better than anybody else's, but I won't have somebody tell me mine are crap if they've never even tried. Clones are awesome! Hydro is awesome! LST'g is awesome! Outside is probably one of the best, because it's getting real sunlight! I helped my uncle when he was growin outside. I helped with the info. He's not a big reader or computer user. And it was just bagseed. Some of the best bud I've smoked. It grew 9ft tall! Every body needs to take a chill pill :chillpill: on this forum.;) Everybodies different!:)

lyfr said:
i could probably do that with a plain ol' indica clone;)
Here just click on my LRx2 Manicuring and harvest thread below for a minute and tell me if you can really get clones that big that fast? Remember one LRx2 gave me 77 grams in 10 wks from seed! Which is just shy of three ounces by 7grams! Look closely at them, thrich's everywhere! But like I said in the post above this one, everybody grows what they like! All sorts of reasons why they grow a certain strain. Can't we all just get along and see we're after the same thing here! MJ info to help with our grows!

jibba069 said:
I have got 3 dieselryders going now. 1 Is full of seeds from a male I stuck her with and the other 2 are doing good. I have not had any problems with them so far. They are a little ovet a month old and the trichs are insane on them. I don't know what happen to hie but none of mine tunrned to the ground when they sprouted. I will take pictures and put them in the gallery. I would put them in this blog but for some dumb reason it tells me I have to resize them each time..
Any pictures coming? I really want to see pics!:banana: :watchplant: :banana: Please put some up!

Richy-B said:
Totally understand you. I don't and won't crossbreed AF's. I use the ones in existance. I don't wanna see these big beautiful strains's genes tampered with. That's the ignorant ones, who don't realize what harm they can do if they start trying to cross AF with everything in the book, that's when we'll have a big problem. So it's in our hands and responsibility to spread the word to these new growers about the damaging effects cross-breeding AF will do to the strain gene pool with MJ! I'm not tryin' to start a fight either, I just want the Truth to be heard about AF's! Not Gossip! How many people have talked bad about AF's without ever have grown any? So, what gives you a right to judge, what's a good strain and whats not a good strain! Everybody grows a different way than everybody else. Everybody grows what they want to grow. I never say my buds are better than anybody else's, but I won't have somebody tell me mine are crap if they've never even tried. Clones are awesome! Hydro is awesome! LST'g is awesome! Outside is probably one of the best, because it's getting real sunlight! I helped my uncle when he was growin outside. I helped with the info. He's not a big reader or computer user. And it was just bagseed. Some of the best bud I've smoked. It grew 9ft tall! Every body needs to take a chill pill :chillpill: on this forum.;) Everybodies different!:)

I am not hating on the growers of Autoflowering strains at all.... Each to his own in that respect and they do fill the needs of certain growers.

All I am asking, and I shoulda worded it better than I did, is if you do cross it for your personal use, Please take every precaution to prevent the release of the genes into Nature. Also not to give those seeds away to anyone so they can't cross it again. If ya dont like how they turned out.... Burn them, Don't just throw them out your car window as you are going down the road either.

I am not a breeder (not yet anyway), but I can imagine how much time it takes to stabilize a strain whether it is an AF or a normal strain.... Crossing them back together again would send cringes up their spine I am betting.

CasualGrower said:
I am not hating on the growers of Autoflowering strains at all.... Each to his own in that respect and they do fill the needs of certain growers.

All I am asking, and I shoulda worded it better than I did, is if you do cross it for your personal use, Please take every precaution to prevent the release of the genes into Nature. Also not to give those seeds away to anyone so they can't cross it again. If ya dont like how they turned out.... Burn them, Don't just throw them out your car window as you are going down the road either.

I am not a breeder (not yet anyway), but I can imagine how much time it takes to stabilize a strain whether it is an AF or a normal strain.... Crossing them back together again would send cringes up their spine I am betting.
Yeah thanks for the input. But I've been doin this for a while and I already know all those things!

Latest posts

Back