How To Add Flavors??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chips Deluxe

Cheeba Cheeba
Reaction score
How exactly do you add flavors to your bud? For example, I've been told to put Lime, Lemon, Or Orange peels in the jar with curing buds and it will give it the citrus taste of whichever use... I've heard of Bugglegum, CottonCandy... How exactly are these different tastes acquired? My yahoo search had me running into too many dead ends... :hairpull:

I'm familiar with different strains tasting different haha.. Weed is all plant.. vegetable... Something had to be done to make "CottonCandy" taste like "CottonCandy" correct? Or did people breed different plants until it tasted like CottonCandy.. Thats hard to believe... Either way i need a Barbecue Chicken and a Mountain Dew flavored bud lmao...

Chips Deluxe said:
How exactly do you add flavors to your bud? For example, I've been told to put Lime, Lemon, Or Orange peels in the jar with curing buds and it will give it the citrus taste of whichever use... I've heard of Bugglegum, CottonCandy... How exactly are these different tastes acquired? My yahoo search had me running into too many dead ends... :hairpull:
By "very" specific selective breeding, and much trial and error..

Chips Deluxe said:

You don't. And putting citrus peels in with your curing pot could well induce mold. There is really no way to artificially flavor your buds.

As Hick said, the strains you are talking about are the result of years of selective breeding.

We've all had the "Blueberry Kush" that taste like it sounds. I've also smoked some purple nugs from Cali that had a minty taste to it. Very nice!! I do beleive it's the specific strains and not any artificial flavors, although I have been told that you could spray your buds, after harvesting, with flavored candy spray to give it a different taste. Let me know how it goes

You aren't going to be able to get a distinct taste that is really profound, at least not in my experience. It always tastes like bud to me but some taste and smell slightly better than others. The taste from smoking the Cotton Candy strain isn't going to be like eating it. If you wanna flavor your bud then try this crap out. Wouldn't ever use it tho...

http://www.tastypuff.com/

Yo Ho Chips Deluxe,
Hick and The Hemp Goddess are giving out good info. I myself would give an awful lot to have a situation where I could develop strains, and tastes to my own liking. Mold is nasty period. It likes moisture, and simply tries to get a good foot hold wherever it settles. Can you imagine that growing in your lungs
yikes. :shocked:

andy52 said it best I think. I can tell so much from just it's own natural smell and taste that I DO prefer it au-naturel. As you grow older your olfactory locker will learn to pick up even those slight yet distinct smells that just tend to trip your trigger.:rolleyes:

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Thanks... I'm growing my own now so I have questions about some things... This is just a question on all the different flavors I hear about...

i heard about using cotton balls and and artificial flavoring, put them seperate from your buds (don't let them touch) in the same jar (big tupperware container or something?) for a while..
i never tried it myself, just heard from a friend. (i prefer the taste of (most) MJ)

Yea, I've had "Lemon Haze" before, and it actually tasted like lemons... A couple people have told me about the peelings.. And the fruit extract or something.. I Dunno... Just an idea.. Would be some cool **** to take whatever strand you have and make it strawberry... or lemon.. or bubble gum..

it wouldn't really be anything new, because all of those aromas and flavors are already availible. If you first understand that the aromas and flavors are contained in the terpenes and the terpenes are located in the resin glands, you then start to understand, that it is basically impossible to externally change this as you would need to change the chemical make up of the actual trich

or better, easier idea.. just buy some Juicy Jay's rolling paper ;)

Latest posts

Back