How to build drip system for soil.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpleSkunk

PurpleSKunk
Reaction score
Materials
pondmaster waterfall replacment pump.19.99 plus tax
timer all i have of now is regular light on off timer 1/2 hour every day i may have to figure out exact timeing,this might be to much and it is i need a timer that turns on for 5 minutes everyday.$5
rain drip 2gph button drippers pack of 25 about $4.
100 foot 1/4 inch tubing.
10 pack of t's to extend tubing.about $3
one extention from pump makes one tube into six.$1
5 gallon jug of water.
some common sense and wahlaaaa.
see pics.

diyirg1.jpg

diyira2.jpg

diyira3.jpg

diyira4.jpg

thats pretty cool man, wheres the water drain too? does it allow for "drying out periods? i was thinkin of usein a variation of your plan for rockwool in like a continuos drip...think that would work?

actually it flows on the floor as before then drys,like when i would water by hand.i just have to keep my resivoir/jug full,i think i'm gonna do 2 minutes everyday to figure out how i would water if i left for more then a week.then maybe i wont have to visit so often. if i have to i will turn on and off myself its definetly easier.

so does this leave enough time for your medium to dry out? Is this a run to waste type set up?

massproducer said:
so does this leave enough time for your medium to dry out? Is this a run to waste type set up?
yes once i figure it out you never want your soil always moist its gotta dry out the purpose of this is to not have to hand water.i dont understand what u mean by wast type set up im not conservin water just making my job easier.

They have those timers now that are set up for a week now..... Takes 7 days fo the dial to turn..... Instead of having to water evey day on that timer, you can set it up to wate every other or third day with that.

When I was first setting up my drip system I picked up those by mistake heh... had to go back and get the daily timers.

CasualGrower said:
They have those timers now that are set up for a week now..... Takes 7 days fo the dial to turn..... Instead of having to water evey day on that timer, you can set it up to wate every other or third day with that.

When I was first setting up my drip system I picked up those by mistake heh... had to go back and get the daily timers.
where can i get one whats the name?this is exactly what i need but not one that hooks to a hose one that plugs to the wall and then to my pump.all helps is apprecuate thanks again casualgrower.

I picked up all my timers at wal mart.... they should be setting right next to each other...... One will have the 24 hour dial and the other will have the days of the week and hours under each day....If I can find it laying around and get my laptop set up, I will throw a pic up.

BAHH... Wife has done something with the 7 day timer...... can't find it right now..

CasualGrower said:
I picked up all my timers at wal mart.... they should be setting right next to each other...... One will have the 24 hour dial and the other will have the days of the week and hours under each day....If I can find it laying around and get my laptop set up, I will throw a pic up.

BAHH... Wife has done something with the 7 day timer...... can't find it right now..
well i just need something to go on every 2 days for about 5 minute im sure i will find something.and it must connect to a plug in the wall then my pump.thanks again casualgrower.
here is some pics of my flower room drip system about done there.

flowerdrip1.jpg

flowerdrip.jpg

as soon as i get this thing up and running full capacity i'll let u know how long the 5 gallons of water last.maybe it will water for 3 days maybe a week or maybe even 3 weeks thats pushing it but will see.it so cool to have the water drip next to the stem were the main root is.PS

lol,this is agood example of workin smarter instead of harder.good luck with this system.i have an igs dripper system.also,i would change the res every week or so.even if it lasts 3 wks,,i wouldnt let it go unchanged that long.make sure your checkin the ph of the res also. good luck man

PurpleSkunk said:
yes once i figure it out you never want your soil always moist its gotta dry out the purpose of this is to not have to hand water.i dont understand what u mean by wast type set up im not conservin water just making my job easier.
"run to waste" simply means your not recovering water in res. to reuse...which im pretty sure is how you gotta do soil...but then again im a hydro guy. plants are lookin great PS...must be your system:hubba: Oh, i goota timer that you can set as little as 1min, once a week, up to 8x every day. it will even do different times each day. home depot, i get a pic.

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
lol,this is agood example of workin smarter instead of harder.good luck with this system.i have an igs dripper system.also,i would change the res every week or so.even if it lasts 3 wks,,i wouldnt let it go unchanged that long.make sure your checkin the ph of the res also. good luck man
thanks i will change often if it dont get used i wouldnt want it sitting.so what kind of timer do u use and how often you turn it on and off.

lyfr said:
"run to waste" simply means your not recovering water in res. to reuse...which im pretty sure is how you gotta do soil...but then again im a hydro guy. plants are lookin great PS...must be your system:hubba: Oh, i goota timer that you can set as little as 1min, once a week, up to 8x every day. it will even do different times each day. home depot, i get a pic.
kool i figure that i was hoeping to make a res it is possible for soil but probably wouldnt do well.as for the plants looking good thanks has to do with the breed and lots of trial and error but were getting there.thanks for the pic of the timer can yours turn on every other 2 days so many minutes twice a day?

What if you had 2 of these set up one with nutrients one with water and you get each one to tun on like every 4 days and have it set so one day its nuts thin in 2 days its water and so on... You could set it all up and go n vacation..

This is exactly what I need! I have to travel about 30 miles to feed my ladies and this system would be great for me, saves me time and money, excellent tutorial!

P.S Does the PH level of the water change over time at all?? Am going to make a system like this so I could leave the plants for a week and my friend only has to check on them.

Latest posts

Back