HPS Q's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

German Gigalo

Reaction score
What up everyone,
As some of you already know, I have been running a Floro / CFL combo in my grow setup. Now the time has come to have my lil lady throw her flowers. Obviously I need to upgrade to a more powerful light source. However, with my 72 x 30 x 24 ( 22 3/4 x 17 usable space) grow box, I have one main concern....heat, aside from overpaying. I decided to go with a 250w HPS setup with a glass lens and air cooling setup. But the price is questionable....$360. Your opinions and advice are appreciated.

Here is the ---> Super Sun Setup

-GG

250w is good...check out htgsupply.com They are asking $228.95

also..Im sure you gonna have to vent the cab somehow or open the doors every so often...:)

$360 for a 250 watt with hood....man...I've bridge or two around here to sell if you're interested.

That's an obscene price.

Try 400 watt reflector bulb on a 15' socket, and an electronic ballast that also runs MH for $300-350. Reflector style lamps are their own hood...as well as only the front side, where the light emits, gets hot. Makes keeping them cool a hella lot easier than a typical HPS bulb. $5-10 fan diverts or exhausts the heat plenty easy enough too.

Seriously...that is one high price for a 250 watt set up.

Does it do anything else...brew coffee maybe?

1001_3574.jpg

1001_3576.jpg

1001_3582.jpg

Ya, good lookin ROOR. Post some pics of the final set up. Later

-GG

Sup ROOR. Yes, same here. My set up came in two days ago. Very pleased with service and price. Even got a niftee lighter that has a bottle opener carved in it. I decided to keep one of my side mounted floro's to supplement some blue spectrum to the HPS. Here a couple pics after my eager install.

Ventalation tube attached to exhaust CPU fan
DSC00002.JPG

Top of hood
DSC00018.JPG

Entire Set up
DSC00003.JPG

Current Distance
DSC00017.JPG

My mini canupy
DSC00019.JPG

Ballist and carbon filter
DSC00011.JPG