I asked askjeeves.com why mj is illegal take look

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papabeach1

Reaction score
hxxp://civilliberty.about.com/od/drugpolicy/tp/Why-is-Marijuana-Illegal.htm

now now.... see....

these is wrong.. it says its just same as herion

(scoff) put a crack on the spoon along with vodka in it and use ligther burning under the spoon.. and use the needle to suck it and put in your vein is just like smoking marijuana? (scoof) this is unreal dudes and ladies...

man these is confusions around the internet and have people to use it againist mj.... what can we do? :ignore:

I reckon you might have misinterpreted that article.

Well papabeach, any drug has the potential for abuse. Having once been a heavy drinker, I'd say that alcohol is quite habit forming for some people. Marijuana in my opinion, although habit forming isn't as hard on a person's health as alcohol can be. Alcohol has for centuries been socially acceptable. Perhaps, because it's possible to drink without getting hammered, whereas with pot, people get stoned. I guess people think of pot as something to get stoned on, but alcohol is merely a social lubricant. That doesn't necessarily make sense, but perhaps that's how people view it. Even though plenty of people abuse alcohol, it is still more socially acceptable for some reason.

Plus, there might be some political reasons for which it is illegal, reasons you and I are unaware of.

In my opinion, there's no good reason why it can't be at least decriminalized, if not legalized. It seems a complete waste of time locking people up for it.

oh my word ive just read thru that link..and i agree with alistair 100%...plus i think if we all were ok to grow without it bein illegal..and frowned upon, that would take out the people that sell it on the streets for stupid amounts of money.we would all be able to grow in peace...i think that people need educating on cannabis.im not just sticking up for it cause i smoke it. cause ive given up for months at a time. and i havnt had all the bad withdrawal symptoms that they all bang on about..im a respectable person that manages a small buisness..pays my bills ect on time..smoking cigeretts and drinking alcohol is most definatly habit forming.and can be easily accessed in young people..under age drinking/binge drinking..why dont the goverment illegalize that stuff. i tell you why, cause they would lose to much money. it makes me sooo mad to read this rubbish they print on cannabis..cannabis chills you out. calms you down and relaxes you..alcohol makes some (not all) people aggressive and nasty. anyway i could go on forever about this and i have better thing to do..(like play the person below me game in the coffee table section) ha ha.

A very interesting perspective. Without a doubt there are stereotypes for users, and those who fight for cannabis often look like stoners. If we looked and acted more like...William F Buckley. You know that smug, intellectualism, with a touch of distain for the commoners. Wow am I high. I forget what I was trying to say.

I'm not saying I'm agree with this link 100%...

myself I can stop smoking for weeks.. and yes there will be few withdraws than quit drinking beers... myself I can withstand to not drink beer, and not to smoke pot.. but quit smoking cigarattes is very hard than overall.. but I do remember I smoked crack long time ago when I was young this drug (cocaine and baking soda cooked as pancake) is very addictive!! I'm glad I can prevent myself from going back to smoke the crack... I Know its bad to smoke many different bad drugs, or using it in the vein, or pill popper... I don't do these.. .I only smoke mojo, tobacco and drinnk beers..

just that what the idea? whoever put these words in that link is wrong.. what can we do about it? who do I need to contact and get that link removed? mojo is not SAME AS HERION period.... that what I would like to add.. lol

yeah ,ware im from alchohol can cause a lot of problems,anti social behaviour,violence ect...not to mention health problems (alchohol abuse is all ready putting strain on the nhs and this is set to rise)by legalising or at least tolirating mj for personal use ,takes away all criminality, it wont be used to fund other illegal things and could be controled.as some one who used to drink a lot the dangers of smoking weed compared to booze are nil.i cant get my head round why dope is illegal think of the revinue the gov would make as opposed to spending thousands on police raids,court cases ect for some one growing a few plants for personal use who will get off with a few hundred pound fine-your tax at work,people should be held accountable for wasting public money.
my 2 cent

What Are the Effects of Marijuana?
People smoke marijuana because it elevates their mood and relaxes them. Depending on the level of THC, users may also experience euphoria, hallucinations and paranoia.

Im sorry but I have never had a Hallucination from Marijuana. Im just effin sure.

no i felt hallucination , its like your a gameboy in this world lol , it makes you feel like a toy , when remembering myself i feel im in a movie , its weird by time you feel its something normal but in the actaul sense of the starting point when trying to focus when your high you can know your in a Hallucination sense in this world and sometimes it depends on the persons psychological factors

1/ Hmmm? Possibly
2/ Utter bo**ocks
3/ True enough
4/ Absolutely. Definitely. Positively. :D
5/ More bo**ocks
6/ WHAT???
7/ Part 1- Yuck! Part 2- I’m onboard with this.

thc is good for me said:
Im sorry but I have never had a Hallucination from Marijuana. Im just effin sure.

you must not have smoked a pure sativa, try it, and it will change the way you view pot.

Indica and hybrids prob make up for the largest amount of weed available today, but a true sativa, which isnt ideal for cash cropping makes it a less desirable grow to the local entrepreneur due to long flowering times.

The most stoned ive been in my life was a true sativa buzz, and man, i cant wait to grow it.

Marijuana can be very powerful. I have hallucinated from MJ on one occassion. It was awesome. I can't even begin to explain it besides saying that everything I saw I became a part of. I remember seeing a tree and actually feeling like I was part of it somehow, seeing a plane and feeling that I was on it, and being outside of my body. I saw myself from a different point of the room, it was crazy weird. I have never experimented with any other hallucinagen, and don't plan on it, but if MJ ever makes me hallucinate again I'll be ok with it.

I do experience a huge sense of euphoria often, but never quite like that day. That experience happened probably 4 or 5 years ago, and I remember it vividly and charish the memory still, it was unreal.

Its all propaganda man, we are a race of brain washed humans and untill we as a race wake the f up and start thinking for ourselfs we will be puppets to the powers that be ,no amount of bitching or crying is ever going to change that. sorry for my potty mouth:rolleyes:

I have never really understood the ban on Marijuana as a ban on the drug itself but more of a ban on the population associated with its use.

I don't think that euphoria, slight paranoia, and laziness are considered bad effects by the population at large. In the 1930's there was a huge campaign against Marijuana not for the betterment of our nation but of rich white people being afriad of change. They thought that banning the marijuana would stop or hinder the progress of Mexicans and Blacks. Marijuana was put on as a drug that made "young white women want to sleep with negroes". I'm quoting here from a senator in 1928 on a congressional meeting about the effects of marijuana.

One thing that many people do not know however is where alot of the financial backing for this campaign against marijuana came from. It wasn't only marijuana that these special interest groups wanted to be illegal but hemp as well. See the movie reefer madness was funded largely in part by not only the alcohol industry but also paper and plastic companies.

The fact is that Hemp can be used to create paper that is much more durable and can be recycled more than paper made from wood. Hemp can also be used to make organic plastics such as tupperware and garbage bags. As most people know hemp can be made into any kind of clothing as well. Fifty percent of the hemp plants weight is made up of seed, seed which could be turned into biofuels. The hemp plant can grow in almost any climate in this country. So as you can see the hemp industry was threatening some very rich corporations and most people at the time didn't know that "loco weed, reefer, and the devil's grass" was actually from the same plant as hemp. In fact most people didn't even know that Marijuana was the drug on subject.

So in the end money won out and marijuana was banned as well as hemp. This put many hemp farmers out of business, yes there were many U.S. hemp farmers at the time. George Washington in some of his writings refered to hemp as a miracle plant and the future number one American export.

In my opinoin we shouldn't have a bunch of potheads rallying for the legalization of marijuana but rather some people much smarter than myself should be selling the "hemp movement". This hemp movement is exactly what we need in this tough economy. Everyone is looking for the fast way out of this mess and I believe that hemp is one of our best bets. The government is looking for an immediate improvement well what about the fact that the DEA alone has a fifteen billion dollar budget JUST FOR MARIJUANA. That's $15,000,000,000. Seems like a pretty large immediate return to me.

Latest posts

Back