I did it all and still can smell it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well first. Check your teenage sons closet for a grow. That may sole it right there. Lol
There is an air scrubber in the market that was produced by NASA called air pure. That little 300 buck box that you set next to your air return. It doesn't use a lot of o3 but it does use a honey comb scrubber. I found it works really well. I used it the first night and the next day my puppy had pooped in the room and I couldn't smell it. It has a cleaner button on it that you push and it dowses the the house with o3. You are supose to do that once a week to clean your air and eliminate the odors in your house. My brother has one 2. Can't even smell the cigars he smokes in the house. Man my sister hates hic cigars.

pimpdaddycoolz said:
whats the point of running an ozone generator if he has a carbon scrubber though?

And thats like saying HEY! LETS LIGHT A BON FIRE NEXT TO OUR PLANTS! AND SINCE WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE OKAY!

But that goes for anything i guess, including the lights. honestly, the whole electrical setup of a grow operation is a hazard. especially running 600 to 1000 watt lights. I mean yeah we know what we are doing, atleast i hope everyone else does hahaha! just kidding, but seriously, whats the point in buying a new contraption when a new filter would work fine?
Oh wow, :**:the point of running one is because of his problem, why dont you read the topic of the thread "I did it all and still can smell it", which means he still has a problem even with his "carbon scrubber", so he should get an ozone generator because that would solve the problem and the guy i know who has grown for 10 years has one of those in his grow tent and it doesnt kill no plants, if it killed plants WHY WOULD THEY SELL THEM IN A HYDROPONIC SHOP, and be recommended by staff at discount hydro call them and ask about them ask them if it kills plants, when used correctly ;)

Tazz - do you have any pics of your grow? I have a couple of the same strains going and was wondering if I could take a looksey? we all like pics :D

the point is! he didnt change the filter.... did you not read it carefully? Im not tryna fight with you, and its up to him. Whatever he chooses... And i never said it would KILL your plants, but it can be harmful if not used correctly. Its also harmful to people who may or may not be going in and out of the room.

My suggestion was to try a new carbon filter FIRST... But what do i know white russian? your the master grower... my appologies.

Hey pimpdaddycoolz and whiterussian, let's not kill ourselves while trying to help someone. There are some very real health concerns over the use of ozone air cleaners. It has to do with the breathing of the ozone gas. Yes, ozone is a gas that can cause you upper respiratory problems if you breathe too much of it.

Check out this page:

Ozone, what does it do to you?

IF you use one in an enclosed space such as a grow room, AND you use ventilation to pull or push it to another part of your house, (as in this case), then YES, it can cause health problems to those who breathe it everyday in that house.

IF you plumb the ventilation OUTSIDE, and use the ozone, then it would make the expelled air NOT smell of marijuana AND prevent any health concerns in your house.

Pushing ozone gas into your house is just a bad idea. As with other things, Doctors aren't fully aware of the possible problems that can occur with higher rates of ozone in a living environment. In another 20 years they might be, but for now, the safest way to deal with this problem would be to use an ozone generator and plumb it's gas outside.

Doing this as I suggest will have eliminated the smell of the weed both indoors and outside where your exhaust is. Having Porky smell your weed from your exhaust vent isn't any better than inviting him into your house to see your crop!

Be safe, live long, be high.

pimpdaddycoolz said:
the point is! he didnt change the filter.... did you not read it carefully? Im not tryna fight with you, and its up to him. Whatever he chooses... And i never said it would KILL your plants, but it can be harmful if not used correctly. Its also harmful to people who may or may not be going in and out of the room.

My suggestion was to try a new carbon filter FIRST... But what do i know white russian? your the master grower... my appologies.
:rant: :rofl:

what? your gettin a little jealous because im right huh?

Its okay princess! im not gonna hurt your feelings no more! :hubba: (sarcasm at work!)

And your right potus, getting into arguements over help should be avoided. Ive done that before on this forum and it gets us no where.

So white russian, on a serious note, i am sorry if your gettin a little offended. Us trying to duke it out, doesnt get the person askin the question anywhere.

I was recommending the carbon filter because it does not have adverse side effects like the ozone generator. Now i know when used correctly it is efficient and safe, but either way, the smell will disappear with proper use.

Also, i believe that anything that is not healthy for me, cannot be healthy for my plants. I try to keep as much of that kind of stuff out of my grow room, even with proper ventilation.

I know that i'm not in the same scenario as TAZZ but if it was me, id be happy with the smell of ganja in my house all day long! (definately not the smartest or safest idea hahaha)

pimpdaddycoolz said:
what? your gettin a little jealous because im right huh?

Its okay princess! im not gonna hurt your feelings no more! :hubba: (sarcasm at work!)

And your right potus, getting into arguements over help should be avoided. Ive done that before on this forum and it gets us no where.

So white russian, on a serious note, i am sorry if your gettin a little offended. Us trying to duke it out, doesnt get the person askin the question anywhere.

I was recommending the carbon filter because it does not have adverse side effects like the ozone generator. Now i know when used correctly it is efficient and safe, but either way, the smell will disappear with proper use.

Also, i believe that anything that is not healthy for me, cannot be healthy for my plants. I try to keep as much of that kind of stuff out of my grow room, even with proper ventilation.

I know that i'm not in the same scenario as TAZZ but if it was me, id be happy with the smell of ganja in my house all day long! (definately not the smartest or safest idea hahaha)

Oh yeah pimpdaddycoolz, :fid:im jealous of you and your growing experience. :spit::rant: :bolt:

okay white russian.... hahaha i see you dont want to get along... but im not trippin, im trying to help tazz out. If you'd like to continue this you can do so on your own!

pimpdaddycoolz said:
okay white russian.... hahaha i see you dont want to get along... but im not trippin, im trying to help tazz out. If you'd like to continue this you can do so on your own!
:p :guitar:

Latest posts

Back