I have some sad news. Not for the faint of heart.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One time I came home from work night shift about midnight and my dog Taz had one chasing it around the garden. I decided to let my dog Penny get in on the excitement but on a leash because she was a runner. It was a real mistake as before I knew it Taz had the front legs and Penny had the back legs. They pulled that armadillo apart like a chicken wing before I could get my leashed dog Penny off of it. The armadillo was stretched out about 3 foot and still heart beating. We all three had blood all over us. It was the worst night ever. Mr Subbie was in the shower when it all went down and we surprised him in a bloody mess as a welcome home. 🤪

I call armadillos yard pigs because they smelled something fierce… once a dog breaks the shell of the armadillo. It’s all over… when Dutch was in his prime, he would crack the shell, and then shake the animal violently, slinging the guts everywhere… it was bathtime there after
Don't armadillos carry some kind of plague germ on 'em?

why would you...they don't live up by you...them and hogs will turn your yard upside down real quick...
I'm in the midwest, and we have hogs and armadillos moving up this way. I haven't seen any hogs yet, but I've seen 'dillos.
There was also a black bear found roaming around about a 1/4 mile from my house last year. They're also moving back in here.

There's only one domestic cat roaming my 'hood that I know of - and it's not known to consume its kills. It just leaves them laying where they die. The dead one in the driveway was just...dead. It wasn't injured that I could see.

Those feathers were all that was left of that Cardinal. I don't think it was a cat. Coulda been, I guess. But I don' t'ink so.
If a cat did it there would be a ton of feathers everywhere not just a few. My kitties kill pigeons that grt into their food all the time. But those rats with wings never learn. They get what coming to them. Once they catch them they do eat the whole bird except the feathers. Those are everywhere.

One time I came home from work night shift about midnight and my dog Taz had one chasing it around the garden. I decided to let my dog Penny get in on the excitement but on a leash because she was a runner. It was a real mistake as before I knew it Taz had the front legs and Penny had the back legs. They pulled that armadillo apart like a chicken wing before I could get my leashed dog Penny off of it. The armadillo was stretched out about 3 foot and still heart beating. We all three had blood all over us. It was the worst night ever. Mr Subbie was in the shower when it all went down and we surprised him in a bloody mess as a welcome home. 🤪
That would have freaked me out!

That would have freaked me out!
It did me Jan. It was a midnight bath for all of us in the yard. I love animals even armadillos which tear your yard all to heck with these triangular trip holes. Still tho they are not equipped to hid from a dog if one is after them. If you keep the bugs out of your yard they won’t go there but when you are cutting 5 acres can only afford so much bug stuff so it’s reserved for the front yard usually.

If a cat did it there would be a ton of feathers everywhere not just a few. My kitties kill pigeons that grt into their food all the time. But those rats with wings never learn. They get what coming to them. Once they catch them they do eat the whole bird except the feathers. Those are everywhere.
The strays around here just kill outta instinct. The Old Hen feeds 'em too well. They got a fox squirrel the other day and left it for me to deal with.

Attachments

• Happy_bunny_Wallpaper_btzqo.jpg
    Happy_bunny_Wallpaper_btzqo.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 0
I've got a wild ferel hog and a pot belly sow out back in my pen...that wild hog wants a piece of Ivan...they're freaking mean, he charges the fence and rams it with his noggin...

I've got a wild ferel hog and a pot belly sow out back in my pen...that wild hog wants a piece of Ivan...they're freaking mean, he charges the fence and rams it with his noggin...
We grew domestic pigs when I was growing up. They can be mean. Wild hogs are a whole different level of dangerous.

I've had nothing but pot belly pigs for years until this demon was brought over...he's fierce...I carry when I go into the cage, if he comes for me I'll drop him...he's got no chance of getting Ivan but he sure tries...

Once they escaped an enclosure, it doesn't take 'em long to revert back. I saw a PBS documentary on it.
Wild hogs in North America came from domesticated stock arriving from Europe, as I recall.

Pigs are bad-ass. Smart and dangerous.

Latest posts

Back