I just paid $2.99 for a gallon of gas!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokinMom

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reaction score
Don't remember when I last saw it under 3 bucks. :D

How much is gas in your neck of the woods?

I'm sure it won't last long, unfortunately..

2.97 in Middlesex NJ...I think that's the cheapest in the state.

£6.30p per gallon in the U.K. only country more expensive on the planet is Turkey.
fridge

Funny how that works, isn't it? Prices are high all through summer when people are traveling and on vacation, then the kids go back to school, people stay close to home, and prices drop down again. They'll spike back up just in time for the holidays.

$3.14 and dropping here in southeast US.

fridge said:
£6.30p per gallon in the U.K. only country more expensive on the planet is Turkey.
fridge

You need your government to invade more oil bearing countries using humanitarian and terrorist fighting excuses. Don't just participate after the fact, lead the charge!
It has worked for us for decades!

Edit. Our friend fridge is paying $10.15 a gallon.

not trying to ruin the party but........ the price on the sign is usually for 9/10 of a gallon........ which means it would need to be down around 2.70 for 9/10 of a gallon to be under 3.00 a gallon.

:48:

Lol NCH you are correct but its the taxation by our government like with cigarettes and alcohol being around the 70-90% mark.
fridge

Grower13 said:
not trying to ruin the party but........ the price on the sign is usually for 9/10 of a gallon........ which means it would need to be down around 2.70 for 9/10 of a gallon to be under 3.00 a gallon.
Around here the posted price is for a full gallon, but all prices end with an extra 9/10 to make it look cheaper. It will have $2.99 posted with a small 9 after that, making the price $2.999.

$3.06 yesterday at 7:30 am

1.5 hours later $3.39

rippers:(

Grower13 said:

:48:

That's not accurate. You get a full gallon not 9/10's of one. Classic is actually correct.

Why Do Gas Prices End in Nine Tenths of a Cent?

Answer

According to Reid Porter of the American Petroleum Institute in Washington D.C., the partial cent pricing dates back to the 1920s when gas was cheaper by the pennies from one station to another. A penny meant a whole lot more back then. In 1932, when the federal gas tax came into existence, it was 1 cent a gallon. It was easier for retailers for the gallon price to end in nine, setting aside 1 cent for the tax.

$3.76 a gallon here in Alaska. probably around $8-10 in the villages.

Maybe its time to get the old muscle car out of the garage and drive it for awhile.

$3.699/g today, chevron reg

I wish as an American I could get a cut of these imaginary war won oil reserves. Where they at NCH :confused2:?

sorry couldn't find the fapping emoticon....:rolleyes: :rofl:

:bolt:

Latest posts

Back