I need a lil help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ineedamentor

addicted to money.
Reaction score
can I put a 1000wt Daystar ac hps in a 7' 10 1/2'' x 3' 11'' x 6' 7'' space? or is the area to big for the light any suggestions would help. Thanks

I've calculated it and worked out you have about 4,700 lumens per square foot. Recommended is 5,000, so you're not far off.

However, your grow space is rectangular, not square, so some plants would be quite some distance from the light. I would recommend 2 x 600W in that space for an even distribution of light and it wall also bring the lumen count up to the desired level per square foot.

Hope this helps.

and watch for heat ..good ventilation with do wonders..

Runbyhemp said:
I've calculated it and worked out you have about 4,700 lumens per square foot. Recommended is 5,000, so you're not far off.

However, your grow space is rectangular, not square, so some plants would be quite some distance from the light. I would recommend 2 x 600W in that space for an even distribution of light and it wall also bring the lumen count up to the desired level per square foot.

Hope this helps.

If you already have the 1000W, a light mover is also an option in a rectangular room. If not, I agree with RBH that 2 600Ws are the better way to go.

Latest posts

Back