I want cooler temps.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uhh sorry late to the party…calmag?

No seriously since your tent is in a closet but venting out into your attic all you really need is two power vents for the closet. Lower vent pulling in and upper vent blowing back into the room. The reason it’s not the same 72 degrees in the closet is because heat is trapped on the inside of the closet. I would add insulation not just there (from the attic side) but make sure the area around the exhaust hose and OVER the exhaust is double insulated or heat from the attic will also warm the top of the closet.

I have my 3x3 running in flower at a max of 83 degrees, lights off, 72 degrees. My light is at 90%, and I have a 6" passive intake, 6" ac infinity exhaust pulling hot air out of a carbon filter. My Exhaust and light ballast are both outside of my tent. I have 4-6" fans moving air around. I also tapped into my homes central ac and ran a 4" duct from there into the bottom of my tent, but it only cools when the ac is running to cool the rest of the house. I keep my house around 72-73 degrees, but I cannot get my dang tent temps in the 70's. I am hoping to get it to at least 78 or lower while lights are on in flower. I am pondering getting a used portable ac unit, maybe a 8000 btu unit to cool my tent. I would have to run the exhaust into the attic since I have no window in my closet I have my tent in. I looked at making a portable cooler ac, but I don't want to have to add ice all the time.
Maybe you guys/gals can help me get my temps down 5 or so degrees? Thank you.
I've just bought one of these JML-Chillmax-Air-Personal-humidifier For info It came with a UK plug. For the price I'm very happy with it especially when I fill it with ice. I can control everything from the humidifier (which I don't use) to Turbo mode on the fan control.
Please note: It only blows cold air if I fill it with cold water, if the water is room temperature it just works like a normal fan. The instructions recommend putting ice in it and this does work really well.

Before I bought that I was putting a frozen bottle of water in front of a fan.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back