Cooler temps....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Welp, most may have cooler temps most of the year which helps with temps while flowering/end of lower. We all know 75 degrees minus is preferable. So I live in the south and am pondering if I should buy an a/c unit primarliily for my 3x3 tent. I get up to 83 ish during my flowering/max led light brightness, OR....just stop with my adhd and respect my last harvest. Lol, yeah, I know it's my decision, but maybe me asking yall is enough for my answer.....

Depending on how far South you actually are, I am sure a decent A/C unit would help. Based on it being the cooler time of year (where I'm from anyways) I would say you have at least a month or 2/3 to research units and or save up for (depending on your circumstances) what would work the very best for your needs, including ducting and attachments. Consider that you may also be opening a door for the need for humidity control type machines once you get your AC set up. What a great hobby!!!

I'm still looking for a portable AC with an exhaust hose on the cold side, so I can feed it into the tent instead of take up half the tent space with the AC unit. Hard to believe all these grow related tech companies haven't started marketing something like it. I considered just making a hood with a hose attachment, but there wouldn't be a simple way to control the temperature with the thermostat in the unit outside the tent.

I'm still looking for a portable AC with an exhaust hose on the cold side, so I can feed it into the tent instead of take up half the tent space with the AC unit. Hard to believe all these grow related tech companies haven't started marketing something like it. I considered just making a hood with a hose attachment, but there wouldn't be a simple way to control the temperature with the thermostat in the unit outside the tent.
As our passion continues its amazing how they come up with every possible thing you could put in a grow tent to make money

would something like that be called a split ac?

i know nothing about hvac

7F9B110D-F3FD-447E-A9BB-A1F986805C76.jpeg

I think heat pumps can be run in forward and reverse but I may be wrong. Heat pumps are pretty expensive though. The remote temperature measurement(in the tent/grow space) could be a problem though.

You cant keep the room that the tent is in cool where you can pull that cool air into your tent and send the hot air into the attic?

You cant keep the room that the tent is in cool where you can pull that cool air into your tent and send the hot air into the attic?
The room is 20'x30'x12'. It's pretty expensive keeping that space cool, and I don't spend enough time in there to justify leaving the AC on.

I have been tossing around the idea of picking up a bunch of cheap Peltier plates to cool the intake and heat the exhaust. Amazon sells 10 TEC1-12706 knockoffs for around $30. I think I could just cut out space for them in two 6" PVC pipes and attach them side by side for intake and exhaust. Probably just let them run continuously and use a temperature controller on the fan itself. Hmm, wonder if I could make them cheap enough to sell to home growers... : )

Latest posts

Back