I Need Some Advice Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a tent grower myself I can only agree with THG. I have three tents that I run in a spare bedroom. I could not imagine growing without them at this point. jmo

For the record, I have bought all three of my tents off ebay and all three are still in great shape and work well. There is plenty of garbage on ebay, but you can find affordable tents if you do some research.

Yeah ya need tents or you need to divide and wall up your grow space to make it more effiecent. Use 4x8 sheets of insulation. You can buy them at Home Depot in different thickneses. Its made of a foam type material and really easy to work with,,plus it has a reflective material on the outside. I made an awsome grow space with it. Its called R-MAX

there are some basic questions that we need definitive answers for, before we can help you start your growing endeavor.

how big of a space &/or how many plants you want to grow?

how do you want to grow your plants? depending on your style of growing will better determine how many plants you can grow. a few large plants, or many smaller plants.

hydro or soil?

chemical or organic?

HID or led?

and the biggest factor of all. WHAT IS YOUR BUDGET?

Growdude said:
8x10 is a huge area to light and would need almost 3000 watts.
I would close off some of the room if you want to save some electricity.

5x5 would be good for 1000 watts.

As for supplies remember you also need ventilation,( a good inline fan) and duct work. And some form of way to control it to control the temp and humidity of the room.
Quality nutes like General Hydroponic,Fox Farms,Advanced Nutrients - your choice really all work about the same IMO. just not rapid grow type.

And ofcourse some type of medium be it soil or hydro both will also have there list of needed things to complete.

You need a good PH tester, pen or probe type is a must.
I also think a Ec/PPM meter is a must almost as much.

A slew of peripherals from pots, scissors, string, stakes, fans, light hangers, measuring cups, ect.

Thanks for the info im going to look in to the smaller grow room.

Thanks for all the help guys.
I don't want to grow much just 10 plants.
5 of 1 strand and 5 of another.

I guess its going to be better to start with tents and then build
smaller rooms.

I'm able to use a business lis. to get solar panels at a wholesale price i just need to find a good wholesaler to buy from.
I do have access small to medium wind power generators.

Im building this little by little so i got to get it piece by piece.
My spelling is not to good. lol

product_detailed_image_146_105.jpg

Here's the tent im thinking about going with.
What do you think.

It cost $441.95 and i can get %15 off the total price.

Sun Hut Silver Large 4' x 8'

NEW Sun Hut™ Silver! 30% more reflective than white plastic interior.
  • No plant toxicity issues - guaranteed
  • Larger than competitive huts to accommodate Botanicare 4' x 4' & 4' x 8'
  • Thick black canvas exterior with highly reflective silver interior
  • Heavy duty zippers
  • Metal framing is made of heavy-duty steel tubing
  • 2 - 6" duct flanges (included)
  • Bracket to support exhaust fan & filter

I do not have a Sun Hut, I have a Secret Jardin that I like and highly recommend.:aok:

I am not sure what country you are in but here is the same tent but at a much cheaper price. $299.90 + shipping
hXXp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/sun-hut-silver-4x8x7-indoor-greenhouse-p-2417.html

Here is a review of the Sun Hut tent by Greners

hXXp://www.greners.com/expertadvice/sun-hut-review.html

Be sure to change the XX to tt in the above links:)

That is a fairly large tent to start. I really am of the mind that if you have not grown before that you might want to start a little smaller. If this were my grow, I would buy 2 smaller tents--one for flowering and one for vegging and clones. Maybe something like a 4 x 4 or a 5 x 5 for flowering and a smaller one, say 3 x 3 or 2 x 4 for vegging and cloning. I would go with no more than 8 plants.

Like Pcduck, I also believe that that is too much for that tent. You need to shop around--you will find huge variations in price around the web for the same thing. I would recommend making all your decisions and then ordering your equipment. First, pick out tent(s) and decide on size. This will determine your lighting needs. Next, find a light for each tent. I, and many others here, use HO T5s fluorescent lights to veg and HPS for flowering. You will need centrifuge type exhaust fans for ventilation and oscillation fans to move air around. You need to decide how you are going to grow--soil or hydro, organic or chemical nutes. You need pots, grow medium, nutrients, thermometers, timers, and depending on how you grow, you may want to pick up pH meters and something to measure ppm.

I would encourage you to make your decisions and then run them by the good people here before you make any decisions. We can probably help you keep from buying unnecessary things and find the good buys for you.

Latest posts

Back