I think it is overwatering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoneylove

Reaction score
So I watered her on Friday before going out of town and then monday when they felt mostly dry a few inches into the soil. When I checked monday night she had drooped badly, and by tuesday some of the leaves were beginning to taco. :holysheep: I have used the medium before (70% Scotts Premium Topsoil, 30% Perlite) so I dont think that is a problem. I figure it has to be overwatering or heat stress. But I have a taller girl who is closer to the light who shows no signs of heat stress and there was no improvement since moving the plant farther from the light. I feel like they look a little better today, but we'll see. Any comments or suggestions welcome. :ignore:

Sep. 25, Grow Update 002.JPG

Sep. 25, Grow Update 003.JPG

Sep. 25, Grow Update 001.JPG

Also, anyone wanna take a stab at what the brown spots are? I never had those on my first batch. They seem to show up about a week after the leaves get big, but they dont spread or seem to be a problem. Thanks again.

Well brown spots could be nute burn or PH problems... How high do your temps get with the lights on, and are you checking PH? Also if you are using 30% perlit your going to need to water very often, when you water dose it drain right threw your pot or dose it obsorbe any?. I would set up a drip steak as if you were doing hydro. Also just because your bigger girl dose not show signs of heat stress dose not mean the little one is not. Older plants can withstand worse conditions than smaller plants can... Good luck bro... L8r

Hmm.. with that much perlite, i dont think they are retaining water, and may be in fact under watered according to the research ive done, but im a noob, so unless confirmed by someone with more experience, dont take me too seriously, hope it gets better man, g/l.

Thanks for the help. My pH is at 6.7, and I havent fed any nutes at all. I've looked over all the troubleshooters and I dont see anything that resembles these brown spots.

The water drains straight through my older plant, but not this one. I water the older one ever 2-3 days or so. At this point I'm planning on not watering for a week at least and see what happens.

I wouldn't do that. Just water when the top 1/2" is dry and it will be impossible to over water... That's not your problem...

I see a plant that is overall healthy but needs some nutrients. It's time to give a light feeding . Start out at 1/4 reccomended strength even 1/8th strength for the first feeding and give from here on out every other watering or as needed. Slight taco-ing of the top leaves shows they are a little Mg def.

Start light... and don't feed every watering if u plan on using anything other than organics.

Time to start some light nutrients man... just my opinion.

Thanks for all your help everyone. I think it may have been heat. I lowered her from the light and the top has popped back up again. Not the rest yet, but I just watered her today for the first time in 4 days so maybe she is a little dry too. Also, this is an autoflowering plant, sprouted 9/2, so this is the 4th week since germ. And to my joy she is showing pistils. My first batch had 6 out of 7 males so I feel pretty confident sexing my plants.

I hope this batch is better than the last, and keep up the good work. GREEN MOJO cumin at ya.

Latest posts

Back