Ice water hash is a rip off !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

meds4me

According to a article ( I'll [post name of mag and author later ) I was reading the Ice extraction method actually dilutes the final product up to 11 times ! The whole bubble bag / man is nothing more than a scam. Whats youre opinions on this. IS ice water vs kiefing better ?:eek:

meds4me said:
The whole bubble bag / man is nothing more than a scam. Whats youre opinions on this. IS ice water vs kiefing better ?:eek:

RUBBISH! Bubble is far, far superior to sieved hash.:hubba: :evil:

dont know meds..Im new to Bubble hash..and everything Ive read says ice water and ice....that the trichs remove easier when frozen...Ill fallow along and see what comes of this...but ya know people can publish what ever they want..just my thaughts

here:48: while we wait for replies

I get the mag too.
He was refering to the fact that he first made it from:
1 Fresh not dried material.
2 Cold water and no ice to get in the way of the floating stalk(not the bubbles just the stalks under them, they are the flaviniods)
3 He didn't scoope off the whole top layer, so he could harvest the floating stems too, as later it was changed and everyone scoops off half of the take and throws it away.
4 One screen
5 A looooooooong saok, so that the plant matter sinks.
6 The screen suspended about 1/2 way down, so that the sinking plant material can be removed and not the floating stalks and not the sinking bubbles.

You can use the screens, but you have to do it differently than most people do. The hash has more flavor and better stickyness, but is more dilute in hitting power, but is more better in my opinion.... I tried his old style method and i like it better. Especially if you have a weed with good flavor, you get to keep it.

Interesting article tho.

Thanks SKUNK Its a med mag and he's refering to the Extractor 420 method which was acutually patrnted in the late 60's. He's a very well known author and wrote the CannaBIble I believe.

Makes me thnk how any idea is istantly ripped off in some way or another. As far as hash making I think I'm going to use the old method . Been smoking alot of bubble and quite franky no flavor ( more like someones 2nr or 3rd run.

I smoked alot of hash back in the day (70-80's) and still havent found anything like that now.

meds4me said:
Been smoking alot of bubble and quite franky no flavor ( more like someones 2nr or 3rd run.
I smoked alot of hash back in the day (70-80's) and still havent found anything like that now.
I was introduced to bubble in Amsterdam and I don’t smoke that much back in the UK. I treat it like a fine wine.
It does taste different from the quality black hashes we used to get in the 60s & 70s. (Afghan & Nepalese come to mind) But if you take the time and effort making it, you’ll get a real buzz (no pun intended) from the ritual of stoking up a bong and plugging your spine into the mains.
My hints would be: Fresh frozen trim. Plenty of ice. Allow it to stand for 20 minutes before mixing. Don’t over mix, (a fifteen minute hand mix is fine). Then let it stand for around an hour before pulling the bags, to allow the trichs time to settle. And don’t bother with second runs.
My sister gives me all her trim ‘cause she can’t be bothered. What really cheeses me off is giving her about a quarter of the run, and her smoking it in a joint. AHRRRRG!:hairpull:

Smoking some now. I like the bubble hash.

Luv bubble hash.
And the bubble i've made from Hashplant has tasted great as well.

Horse hockey...:holysheep: Bubble hash rocks! The only thing that beats bubble hash in my book is old skool Afghani hash that's hand collected and palm rolled and I also love the finger hash you get caked on your fingers from trimming dank plants... It's ALL good...;)

If you want good hash use the 7 bag set, I find the best hash comes from the 72 micron bag.

Growdude said:
If you want good hash use the 7 bag set, I find the best hash comes from the 72 micron bag.

I also get the best bubble from the 72..:D

You can read for yourself the mag is called Medi mag and the issue is no. #19
He goes after several peeps including no less than Rosenthal, cervantes, milla GW Pharmceuticals, Skunkman , bubbleman and more calling them all into court over "Intelectual and patent infringement".
His device patented in1968 and its concept and all e-mails between all parties are well documented.

The old skool way is after mixing youre materials in cold water only and then allowed to settle for hours. Second bucket under was dry ice to maintain the coldst temp possible. Then its allowed to be drained off only using a single screen.

"old school" has it's flaws for sure!..
First, the ice is needed for it's abrasive action along with freezing to make the trikes 'brittle' and easier to break off and collect. Cold water alone doesn't even come close to getting them ALL.
Second, "single screen".. If the screen openings is too large, it allows the "goodies" (trichomes/heads) to pass through and you lose them.
THC is NOT water soluble, how could it possibly deminish potency?
I think your medi-mag' man is peeing up a rope...;)

meds4me said:
You can read for yourself the mag is called Medi mag and the issue is no. #19
He goes after several peeps including no less than Rosenthal, cervantes, milla GW Pharmceuticals, Skunkman , bubbleman and more calling them all into court over "Intelectual and patent infringement".
His device patented in1968 and its concept and all e-mails between all parties are well documented.

I take TreatingYourself magazine too, the articles' topic was not a new one, but a continued push toward 'the truth' and Joe Pietri writes about it from time to time. Most people aren't aware of the fighting between the 'gurus' and that they are really just a bunch of fighting business owners that are not quite what they appear to be... my son got batted over the head this summer for insisting that he talk to Ed Rosenthal, as i feel that the crap circle actually includes a number of well known names. I did like his shirt tho, i'd love to get some material with pot print all over it, and make some cool pj's with it. You aren't going to get people that understand what you are talking about because some of the 'guru's' own some of the magazines we buy and they hide the truth, and the expos's keep certain trades people from attending, and lock down the attendy lists. It's always been like this tho. treating yourself magazine is probably one of the few with balanced reporting even.

Like the solar cover, no electricity to operate as it runs from solar panel, and it covers your crop at a programmed time and is outside so you use the sun to grow, and the sun to power it's dark time too... takes you off the grid... but so many of the book writting guru's have stock in the lights and companies that sell the lights and inside stuff, and sell unbelivable high priced advertising, that they won't put the outside solar grow tents in the magazines for fear of loosing the sellers that are still hooked to the grid. The advertising is monitored for anything that might interfeer with the owner/editor's investments. Just like the expos's and festival's and cups and even the strain reviews in most magazines... it's not new. When i was about 12 i remember a neighbor 'Trader Mike' having a fit about being locked out of a trade show, and this was the 70's so it's been going on a while now.

About the hash thing, people don't know what you mean about the processing thing, even with a post about it, as the info isnt readily available... people throw the stalks out and keep the bubbles, but they don't understand that the stalks are part of what constitue hash and have THC in them as well as the scent of the plants and the taste(which is what i like). When made another way, in Joe Pietri's way, the originol water hash way, the bubble bags could be used to make more hash of a better taste and smell... btw, Super cooled salt water work too, no ice develops because of the salt. Lower freezing point and all that. Frozen carbon dioxide works too, makes a mess tho.

I think it's all kind of a mute point at this time, as the owners of all the bag companies out there are surely not going to tell you to do differently than they have been saying since they started marketing them. anyways...

meds4me said:
The old skool way is after mixing youre materials in cold water only and then allowed to settle for hours. Second bucket under was dry ice to maintain the coldst temp possible. Then its allowed to be drained off only using a single screen.

Actually by 1978 it was 2 screens, one on top and one in the middle, the stalks float and the bubbles sink. I can remember my dad doing it with my mom's pantihose and the weed sandwiched between them in the middle of the water and my mom mad and the neighbor laughing at the 'new' process with the water and not rubbing it dry, and hinting that he wanted access to my mom's pantyhose :hitchair: too!

Hick said:
"old school" has it's flaws for sure!..
First, the ice is needed for it's abrasive action along with freezing to make the trikes 'brittle' and easier to break off and collect. Cold water alone doesn't even come close to getting them ALL.
Second, "single screen".. If the screen openings is too large, it allows the "goodies" (trichomes/heads) to pass through and you lose them.
THC is NOT water soluble, how could it possibly deminish potency?
I think your medi-mag' man is peeing up a rope...;)

Actually if the plant material you use is not dry, it absorbs and water very readily during the soaking and becomes a limpy gimpy leaf that the triches dislodge from immediately with the mixing motion, you don't have to scrub anything off of a brittle twisted old dried up leaf. And the diminished potency that he meant was that the stalks that you throw away everytime YOU make hash are viable smoking material that contain THC and the scent and smell of the plant. They float see, so when you scoop the top of the bucket, you remove the floating stalks, and that only leaves you the bubbles that the stalks were attached to. It isn't peeing up a rope, it's valuable information... that has been met with 'peeing up a rope' remarks for a looooong time now. You're way more open minded than that, don't pooh pooh something for it's own sake. Learning is good.

Latest posts

Back